Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Gauge Hits 1/2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
it just did this for the first time. Had an 1/8th of a tank. Went in and filled it up. Saw gas at the top too! Turned the key on & just barely over 1/2. Guess I'm gonna need to check out the sender... damn!

What else could it possibly be, right?

........b <_<
Bleyseng
check your ground connections.
Rockaria
Maybe its a vacuum leak... That is the answer for every other 914 problem...

confused24.gif

(Just kidin' rolleyes.gif )
Marlow
If you have (or had) rust in your tank then the sender is probably rusted too. When I took mine apart the center post the float rides on was rusted. I carefully sanded the center post with some fine emery cloth and got the float moving again. I'm not sure what that post was made of or if it had some sort of coating at some point but it seems to work now. Not sure how quickly it will rust again but it was easy enought to take apart. If it lasts a few more years before I have to sand it again I'll be happy.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Jun 3 2004, 07:20 AM)

confused24.gif

Yup! that's the first thing I thought of too laugh.gif That the hose that plugs into the scrotum casing, right? bootyshake.gif

..............b
neo914-6
My guage bounced alot so I replaced the sender with a good used and voila, nice even levels. Yours sounds stuck.
Toast
I would have gone in the office and told them their pumps were not putting out the correct amount and demanded 1/2 the money back lol2.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Toast @ Jun 3 2004, 07:24 AM)
I would have gone in the office and told them their pumps were not putting out the correct amount and demanded 1/2 the money back lol2.gif

Somehow I can see that happening.... biggrin.gif

In my tail dragger I had the sender pulled twice to free up the float...;..put it back in it worked for a week.....scratched muh haid a fewtimes and found that the tank had taken a hit and was pressing up against the bottom of the sender.....

Couple of whacks with a 1 by thru the open bunghole....heheheheh, bunghole......and the dent was repaired and no mo sender problems....
Levi
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Jun 3 2004, 06:20 AM)

confused24.gif

lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif lol2.gif

My 74 1.8 cars gauge only goes to 1/2 tank, but I have to tap on the glass to get it there.
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.