Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WYO '73 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DipShit
Prior to buying the "Not so Rust Free" '71, I came across this car and left my business card on the windshield. The gal called me last night and said she was thinking of selling it for around $4K.

JohnLush and I went and looked at it over lunch and will pass. I thought I'd just post some photos in case anyone is interested.

She claims it's a '73 2.0 and the odometer shows 48,000 miles - she thinks original miles - I doubt that, but I did not investigate to prove it one way or the other.

It's got Webers and the throttle linkage is bailing wired and sticks. The interior has typical problems for a car this age. The battery tray and hell hole look OK, but there is some fiberglass repair in the rear trunk and the drivers door sill has some issues - looks like someone caulked over the rusted area.

The trunk lids are out of alignment, but would appear to be easily fixed. The front valance is off, but the owner says she does have it. I'll be happy to answer any questions I can and will pass along the owners phone number to any of you that may have an interest. Just send me an e-mail.

I will be out of the office until Monday, but will gladly catch up with you then.

If anything else... enjoy the photos.
DipShit
next photo
DipShit
next
DipShit
next
DipShit
last for now
4WheelDrifter
Good thing you got you head out or it might have bitten it off. <_<

Nice color.
Jacco
Man where were the teeners when I was in WYO?....
I've lived there 10 months never ever saw one of them.....
biggrin.gif
well good to know there are 914's in Wyoming.
like the color.

greets
Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands
ThinAir
QUOTE(Jacco @ Jun 3 2004, 01:48 PM)
I've lived there 10 months never ever saw one of them.....
Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands

How did you manage to end up in Wyoming for 10 months from Delft?

I'm still looking for a way to go the other way. I want to spend a year in the Netherlands!
Joe Bob
With shipping and whatever to WYO....4K is a deal if you consider that would be a 3-4K car in California....

If it runs and has good compression, go for it.
Jacco
QUOTE(ErnieDV @ Jun 3 2004, 08:26 PM)
How did you manage to end up in Wyoming for 10 months from Delft?

I'm still looking for a way to go the other way.  I want to spend a year in the Netherlands!

--THREAD HIJACK--
I did the senior year in highschool (and graduated) after I had graduated here from pre university education.. I didn't want to go to university just jet, so pretty much had a year long vacation.
I had a really good time, very good friends, tinkered with cars... drove a 66-ish Ford Pickup, skied my ass off, stayed in Yellowstone, been to Florida... I must say I kinda fell in love with the States wub.gif

You should definately try to do something similar, it really opens your eyes to see how people are living on the other side of the globe, it did for me anyways.

greetz
Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands

oh and why Wyoming? my parents live in a kind off rural area in the Netherlands the exchange organisation looks for similar areas in the states wacko.gif
--/THREAD HIJACK--
TROJANMAN
i like the color......... clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.