Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: today was a 914 day ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
1) so, i'm at the DMV this morning getting my registration up to date and taking care of the warrant for my arrest (don't ask!) ...

when i walk out, a guy comes up to me and asks:

"Does it still have the original engine in it?"

i reply: "it's a /4, not a /6"

he: "Oh" turns around and walks away. huh? confused24.gif whatever ...
then, he gets into a ratty old VW-Rabbit! WTF? and he's *snobby* about my car!?! fighting19.gif

2) take the car to the car-wash in berkeley on telegraph.
when i pull out, there's another 914 in the lot!
i stop and talk to the owner (eric, IIRC), nice red '73 2.0L
he knew about the board but didn't know about the WCC,
so i invited him over for the AX on saturday! smilie_pokal.gif

now all that is left to do on my car for the WCC is to brake into my rear-trunk!
smash.gif Andy
Scott Carlberg
Ok, wait, the dmv helps Germans out? laugh.gif lol2.gif cool.gif

Last year sometime, I made a comment here about people always asking the same question....
What year is that?

Which seemed odd to me, since the bodies didn't change for the 7yr run.

So yesterday, go out and get in the car, the cable co is out in the alley, guy comes over and asked,
"Is that a Six?"

Not yet. smilie_flagge6.gif
4WheelDrifter
A guy that I talked to yesterday guessed the year exactly. First one to get it right.

A few weeks after I bought the teener I went to an auto parts store and picked up some oil and a fan belt. They guys behind the counter comes outside and says "That's a Porsche? I thought it was a Fiat". Ouch. sad.gif He did admit he's never seen a 914 before.

A week ago I was parked at a diner and while I was getting in to leave a woman nevt to me asked what kind of car it was. I said it was a Porsche 914. She said it was a beautiful car. biggrin.gif
mike_the_man
I got a thumbs up from a soccer mom in an SUV last week. Made my night.
Jenny
on my way back to work after lunch today, a blue chevy pickup with landscaping stuff in the back pulled up next to me. A hispanic guy leaned out his window, looked my car up and down, and gave me an approving nod and a thumbs up. We didn't talk, but we definitely shared a moment. biggrin.gif

Jen
4WheelDrifter
Jenny, Probably looking YOU up and down. laugh.gif
SLITS
Stopped at a stop light and the guys in the truck next to me say, "that's a classic isn't it?". I thought they meant me. cool.gif
AZ914
Andy,

How the hell could someone know about this board but not know about the WCC? :finger2: Its got to be about 25% of this board's content laugh.gif

Good stories.... beer.gif
AZ914
I got one....

.... I pulled along side, looked over, then passed cool_shades.gif a yellow Boxster last weekend. The guy wouldn't even look my direction. What a schmuck... spank.gif He probably thought I was driving an MG or something.
lmcchesney
AZ, spank the guy the next time. He'll remember.

Several years back, I'm doing the cloverleaf run, pull out onto the overpass, Sheriff car lights up and pulls me over. NO, did'nt ask for license and registration. Looks at the car and asks, what year is this? Shared stories and both of us on our ways.
L. McC
peridotian
Boxtser people DO seem to be oblivious that other models exist! I pick up mine Saturday, and I promise that I will wave to all of you AS I LEAVE YOU IN MY DUST!
smg914
914's are not as common in Florida as they are in California but whenever I take my 6 or my 4 out for a cruise I always get comments from people or I get into a conversation with someone. It's really funny sometoimes. I get people in vehicles slowing down to say, "Nice car" or someone at the gas station will start asking quesitons. Kids especially love 914's. They always say, "Cool car". I had some kids in a school bus in front of me writting notes on pieces of paper asking questions about the car. The 914 definately has more respect today than it ever had.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(4WheelDrifter @ Jun 3 2004, 03:48 PM)
"That's a Porsche? I thought it was a Fiat". Ouch. sad.gif

I've had that one, too. I have to resist the urge to chair.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(peridotian @ Jun 3 2004, 04:12 PM)
AS I LEAVE YOU IN MY DUST!

is that before or after you run off course because your door wasn't shut properly?

laugh.gif sorry, couldn't resist that one ...

laugh.gif drunk.gif laugh.gif Andy
AZ914
Yeah, I know.. the Boxster would dust me..

It is fun getting looks from people in all sorts of random cars though! clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.