Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: friend wants help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
friend comes to me this morning and wants to know where he could get a good deal on a Porsh. i explain the whole "if you buy one, you have to learn how to say it in 2 syllables" thing. he laughs, but all he really wants is a boxster. So i found him a 97 with 18k miles for $22,500. then i'm wondering why i didn't just buy one. wacko.gif (oh ya, i have a one year old. and my wife made me buy the MB)
this is the second time this month somebody asks me for advice on buying a PORSH. the other guy bought a '02 cabriolet with 8k miles on it.
i guess i am just venting cause i am a little jealous. oh well....... at least i know how to pronounce porsche. wink.gif
Hawktel
I bought my 914 and was chatting it up at work, telling some co-workers about it and showing some pictures.

2 hours later the general manager of the plant walked by, and asked me to help him with a problem his OBC was having in his 996. I gave it a look, but there sure is alot of difference between a 914 and a 996. confused24.gif
4WheelDrifter
At least you can afford a new Porsche. sad.gif But I guess being able to afford one and still not being able to buy one is more painful than not being able to afford one in the first place. lol2.gif

I still have to figure out how to budget the resto. wacko.gif
airsix
QUOTE(glstrojan @ Jun 3 2004, 12:37 PM)
then i'm wondering why i didn't just buy one.   wacko.gif   (oh ya, i have a one year old.  and my wife made me buy the MB)

Raise your hand if there is a child-seat in the passenger side of your 914. wavey.gif (that's me)
I drive a two-seat roadster and the rest of the world just has to deal with it. (Oops, gotta go... Yes Dear; coming Dear...)

-Ben M.
djm914-6
wavey.gif

(sshhhhh... they're sleeping finally)
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(airsix @ Jun 3 2004, 04:21 PM)

Raise your hand if there is a child-seat in the passenger side of your 914.  :wavey:  (that's me)
I drive a two-seat roadster and the rest of the world just has to deal with it.

funny thing is, my wife and i just had that conversation last night. i think it would be awesome to take my kid on a sunday drive with me. wife thinks otherwise. but at least i finally got her to agree that the jeep was safe enough for the child. clap56.gif
and that's a convertible........just not a roadster.
4WheelDrifter
My 7yo son loves the 914. He even falls asleep in it while driving with the top off and all the noise. Lucky him. Only time I can fall asleep in a car is when I'm at the wheel. If I switch with a passenger and try to sleep, I'm wide awake. headbang.gif
Mark Henry
wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.