Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How my WCC weekend went to hell...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Malmz
Had Jay's 914 all setup to go last night. Fixed a few last minute things yesterday afternoon including a left rear wheel bearing (oh what fun those are...) and little things like a functioning horn button.

Call #1 last night. Family member is having trouble w/ diabetes and foot infection. They want to take more of the foot off including a toe... lost of phone calls trying to help with what is what. That saga will not end anytime soon.

Call #2, midnight. Sister who lives around the corner fell asleep at the wheel and totalled her car. Through a fence, through a lightpole. Mess. Other related issues, but she is basically ok

Sleeping time last night about 1/2 hour.

Today, bring sister to take pictures at accident scene property damage, down to empty personal belongings from wreck, and to doctor out in BFE to get checked. She needs to go back tomorrow for some things, and I think I'm the only one to bring her. She definitely can't drive.

In the midst, got a call from wifie that she is picking up Boy #1 from school since he's sick.

Needless to say, I'm f-ing tired and not getting behind the wheel of a truck with trailer for 6 hours. It would just be stoopid. Guess I'll go pick up Boy #1 from wifies work.

SO! Guys, have fun. You should have some openings for some of the events with my no-show. If somebody could grab my goodie bag and send it to me it would be appreciated.

Next, Zois still needs to get his motor up north since I was going to pick it up on the way. If anybody is going South to North anytime soon, talk to Mikie please.

Also, I was supposed to pick up Mueller's rice rims and tires for a guy at work. I can get the money to Mueller and he knows I'm good for it, but if anybody is coming North to South and can haul them, please let me or Mueller know.

Oh yea, a major push for me for this trip was to drive and try to sell Jay's 914. If anybody down south wants to make a deal, let me know. I have his signed pink in hand. He really needs $3500. min for it. It is listed in the classifies under "see it at the WCC", but ya can't see it at the WCC anymore. Had three people up north that were seriously interested too...

I called the Pruneyard to cancel. We'll see if they charge me the first night since I am now short of their 24 hour cancellation policy.

Hell, that was fun. Most time and money I have spent in a while to do nothing...... icon8.gif

sm
Malmz
for entertainment purposes...
Malmz
vdfs
SirAndy
damm, i'm glad she's ok!

sorry to hear about all your trouble. no sweat about the motor, it'll find it's way up here ...

family (and yourself) first!
wavey.gif Andy
Bleyseng
Shit! What a night! Get some sleep and relax this weekend and we'll all have a drink on your room tab.

Geoff beer.gif
mike_the_man
Shitty deal! Glad to hear your sister is ok. Probably a good idea not to drive on no sleep, you've seen the results first hand, I guess. Don't worry, there will still be a few of us hanging out here this weekend.
Gint
Sucks Steve. Sounds like she's OK though.

Which car is Jay's? I can't remember anymore. PM or email me a pic/link/whatever. I'll be in Albany for the next week.
Malmz
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 3 2004, 06:51 PM)
Which car is Jay's? I can't remember anymore. PM or email me a pic/link/whatever. I'll be in Albany for the next week.

http://www.malmz.com/ebay/jay914/

Thanks for the responses guys. Hey, if all went as originally planned I would be dumping hard earned cold cash right now at the PrunePalace! beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

sm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.