Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revolution wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
I really like the look of the rzx revolution wheel on a 914. There is nothing like a 17 inch wheel on such a small car. I was thinking about ordering the wheels today but before in do i want to ask you guys think. First of all would the wheel fit under my stock 1972 fender?? With 205/40/17 would it rub when i turn?? I heard that i would need 16mm spacers in the back and nothing in the front is this true. Are thay a nice wheel are they worth 260 dollars each?? Could i adjust the chamber in the rear so it is back to stock with the 17 inch wheel?? Will it hurt my stock shocks(which are in good shape)?? My finnal question is would they look good on my car. Sorry about all the question but i want to know if these are what i want before i spend 1500 dollars for the wheels and tires.
Thanks alot
jporsche914
and how bad would it mess up my speedometer??
Mueller
1) No spacers needed at all, whoever told you 16mm for the rear is wrong (give 'em a boot to the head smile.gif )

2) You can if you want to, run a 16mm spacer in the front with no problems, a stock 914 has more room and a narrower track in the front.

3) With that size tire, no rubbing should be present, if you went to a much taller tire, then you "might" get some rubbing at full lock.

4) Your shocks will not be affected at all

4) Use this Tire Calculator for doing comparisons:
Tire Cal.

The rims are very nice, top quality stuff and right now for a brand new rim, there is nothing on the market to compare it to for our cars.

I'd lower the front end of your car a little if getting these rims smile.gif
Mueller
Another interesting bit of information....

These wheels are 22.5 pounds each, the aftermarket Mille Miglia rims (C2 style) are between 24 and 25 pounds each....I've also never heard of problems with the Revolution wheels...I have read of the MM wheels failing on the track (911, back east I believe)
Chris H.
Maybe this thread will help!

Revos
jporsche914
Thanks alot for the help i will be giving revolution a call. I do plan on lowereing the front of my car maybe the rear a little also. mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.