Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone seen the FP Boxster out in Texas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
Here it is sounding meaner than ever. With a much better driver than I at the helm.

http://youtu.be/2gAVfwakCCQ
precisionchassis
do you know if he ever got that exhaust installed? He called me at one point asking about the O2 sensors but never mentioned anything about a muffler bracket so I assumed you had worked that out already...
grantsfo
QUOTE(precisionchassis @ May 24 2011, 12:24 PM) *

do you know if he ever got that exhaust installed? He called me at one point asking about the O2 sensors but never mentioned anything about a muffler bracket so I assumed you had worked that out already...

Thats your exhuast on the car! It sounds wicked! He might need to quite it down for nationals however. He said it was around 102 to 103 db.
precisionchassis
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 24 2011, 12:29 PM) *

Thats your exhuast on the car! It sounds wicked! He might need to quite it down for nationals however. He said it was around 102 to 103 db.

Were those "official" readings? I ask because I have had a few customers recently ask me how loud that system is and until now, haven't had anything but my best guess...
J P Stein
No, why?
grantsfo
QUOTE(precisionchassis @ May 24 2011, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 24 2011, 12:29 PM) *

Were those "official" readings? I ask because I have had a few customers recently ask me how loud that system is and until now, haven't had anything but my best guess...

I believe so as this was a Divisional event where sound is recorded. Suspect my old car would be loader than car with stock headers and rember my motor spins up to 7500 as opposed to 6500 that most spec cars run.
TurbOH Brad
I have seen that car before. It looks awesome. Isn't it running 15" Phone Dials with crazy wide slicks? Either way, it sounds great, and looks like it's quite quick!
grantsfo
QUOTE(Brad @ Auto Atlanta @ Jun 4 2011, 02:55 PM) *

I have seen that car before. It looks awesome. Isn't it running 15" Phone Dials with crazy wide slicks? Either way, it sounds great, and looks like it's quite quick!

I chucked the 15x7 phone dials in favor of 16x10 wheels and wider slicks. Its going even wider now! 12" wide wheels in rear with rear flares. Its going to pro solo in Colorado, another Divisional and to Nationals this year. Should be interesting to see how it does.
TurbOH Brad
Any pictures of it as it sits right now? Joengbloeds? I love those! pricey, but very light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.