Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where2Race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Cool, I was just checking out the Where2Race website and found that the American AutoX Series is having another event at the Marina on June 4th and 5th.

Love this group as they have great cars, good courses and big time competition. flag.gif

I'll be heading down to run at least Saturday and maybe Sunday as well.

Hope some of you folks can make it.

Weather last Saturday was perfect.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
I wish AAX used the Atwater venue... Now that they are not using it and PCA SAC is not using Stockton, I have to drive an hour and a half minimum just to go autox'ing.. Sigh.

However I did read that SCCA is pushing to get the Crows Landing in area back but that will take a year or more.

http://www.modbee.com/2011/05/21/1698812/a...-officials.html

I really wish there was more in my area. I go out on friday and saturday nights and see hundreds of imports and sports cars that do burn outs and chit chat then some go out street racing afterwards (Which I havent been to nor plan to go to), If they had a close venue like this I am SURE there would be plenty of guys like me who would want to have a place to run their cars.
Randal
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 25 2011, 10:33 AM) *

I wish AAX used the Atwater venue... Now that they are not using it and PCA SAC is not using Stockton, I have to drive an hour and a half minimum just to go autox'ing.. Sigh.

However I did read that SCCA is pushing to get the Crows Landing in area back but that will take a year or more.

http://www.modbee.com/2011/05/21/1698812/a...-officials.html

I really wish there was more in my area. I go out on friday and saturday nights and see hundreds of imports and sports cars that do burn outs and chit chat then some go out street racing afterwards (Which I havent been to nor plan to go to), If they had a close venue like this I am SURE there would be plenty of guys like me who would want to have a place to run their cars.

You'd think that Feinstein and Boxer could nudge the County to open up the facility, especially as it brings revenue.

Britain Smith
Hey Andrew, have you checked www.Where2Race.com recently for the Bay Area? Several of the clubs now have their events listed. If there is a club that you don't see listed, let me know.

-Britain
grantsfo
QUOTE(Randal @ May 25 2011, 10:59 AM) *
You'd think that Feinstein and Boxer could nudge the County to open up the facility, especially as it brings revenue.

I suspect they have better things to do like taking our tax money and giving it to government buercrats, bailing out public employee pensions, etc.

Its beyond me why local govenment in Modesto cant see this as a huge opportunity. Suspect AAS and a few other clubs would go there as well.
Andyrew
Britain,

I havent been on there in a couple of weeks, Nice to see the clubs are starting to use your site!

I added a bunch of clubs and venues. Thanks!

Still nothing central valley... I mean NOTHING between sac and bakersfield anymore... And there are so many great venues there.. I guess I have to get more active in the politics of this sport if I want to actually do something about this... Sigh.
Britain Smith
Are there any clubs out there?

-Britain
Randal
Looks like a few here:

http://www.californiacarclubs.com/list.htm

Also bet the CB Performance folks down in old Farmersville, CA (close to Fresno) would know about local action.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.