Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else have a virus?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
I seem to be having some sort of problem after I down;oaded that video of the Carrera GT.

I keep getting pop up messages that say:

sychost.exe- application error
"the instruction at "0x010016c6" referenced memory at "0x8da8e0b". The memory could not be "written". "

click OK to terminate the program
slick cancel to debug the program

Then it either restarts the machine or opens Visual C. It has happened with a couple of diffferent ".exe" programs (RPC, LSAS, Sychost, etc)

I am running Winblows XP home. Tried an overwrite and that only made it worse. Ran Norton, nothing found.

I need some help from you pros out there.
airsix
There are many nasty things that can affect the service host (sychost). Sypware, virus, RPC buffer overflow attack...

Here is some info. That might help.

-Ben M.
SirAndy
nope, all fine here (XP Home Edition) ...

sad.gif Andy
Hawktel
Go here and download this

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?...p?page=download

Then run the Update on it. And give the poor bastard running the site a Fin.

See your Nortons doesn't find it because its not really a virus. Its spyware. Sometime ago the shmucks running the antivirus companies (including the shmucks I'm pimped to) worked out some kind of sweet heart/look the other way deal with the spyware companies. Kinda of a We'll send you business, and you send us business thing.

Could then you get little gems like downloader.dluca.b As Mcafee is calling it.

As far as I can tell, it uses a spyware application to open your firewall, and then a virus componet gets on your machine. Then they protect each other, so right now, I smile and tell people "Well, your fucked when you got that, best reformat"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.