Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DPD A/C guys please read
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
I am just about ready to pull a vacuum on my system, hopfully sat night smile.gif

I have the evap blower with the original relay connected. Has anyone found a replacement for this relay? An internal sketch of the relay would help also.

Also,
- the wiring diagram on line is a little fuzzy and I am unsure of all the connections. Anyone have an updated wiring sketch of a working DPD system relay?
- I am looking for the fan switch also. Seems I have a switch from a VPC system and of course they don't fit the DPD sad.gif headbang.gif

Cheers
MarkV
I got this from Gerard (3D914), not sure if it will help you. I think the relay is a fairly generic part that you should be able to get at your local A/C shop.
Kerrys914
I have that sketch and that is part of the problem. That sketch doesn't seem to agree with the VPC installation manual or the DPD manual (best I can tell). I think Gerard's(3D914) is correct diagram but not 100% sure.

I would take the realy apart to see the layout but it is the only one I have sad.gif

I hope someone who has a working DPD system will step up and provide the relay wiring. I don't need the whole system JUST the relay layout/or part number

CHeers
Kerry
MarkV
How do you know that the relay is bad?
Kerrys914
I am not sure if the relay is bad. I am just not sure how to connect it. I don't want to risk frying the relay with a bad connection.

I think in Gerard's sketch gives an internal relay operation like this (the numbers below are in the squares)

#1 open switch to #2(connecter number on the relay, no square number given)

#5 (+ side of solenoid) #4 (- side of solenoid)

When power is delivered by #5 (key on) the solenoid closed the Constant 12v to complete the circuit to #2 (connecter number on relay) giving power to the A/C unit.

Does that make sense? Lets hop ethe internal arrangment supports this smile.gif smile.gif

Cheers
Kerry
MarkV
My car has a VPC so I am not much help.

The VPC has a low pressure switch by the drier that kills power to the system if the freon charge is low. I don't see any provisions for a low charge switch in the diagram.

If the relay looks anything like mine you should be able to open it & determine how it is wired. Use some jumpers a battery & a meter.
3d914
Kerry,

Before I pack everything away for a move, I'll check my A/C manual to see if it includes a wiring diagram I could fax to you. I don't think it does, which is why I made one. But the mind goes as you get older - so I'll check to be sure.

Regards,
Kerrys914
Thanks but I think yours is correct.

I have everything connected and I am pulling a vacuum tonight and will charge it tomorrow (maybe tonight if it stays warm out).

Seems like everything runs fine. The fan kicks on as soon as the compressor signal is sent out from the t'stat.

You don't have any thoughts on where to get a fan knob from? I only have the temp knob headbang.gif for the DPD and 2 knobs for the VPC.

I'll let you know how things turn out once I have A/C

Cheers
Kerry
3d914
Kerry,

I checked the manual and its diagram is worse than mine - that why I made a new one.

I too only have a couple of VPC control knobs. I'll check around with some local folks.

Be Cool! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.