Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Right Side Running Liughts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveL
I noticed last night that the right side running lights (both front and rear) are not working. I checked the fuse (#6) and it is fine. The wires to the headlight switch have power (brown with stripe). The blinkers and brake light on the right work fine. Although it may have nothing to do with it, I just finished installing a new stereo, and replacing the dash face basketweave vinyl.
Any ideas?
blink.gif

TIA
Steve
mike_the_man
Probably not going to get too many answers this weekend, what with everybody off having fun at the WCC. I had a similar problem, and it turned out that my head light switch was buggered. I took it out and it fell apart in my hands. All of the power for all of the lights runs throught the head light switch, from what I remember. If you checked the grounds on the switch, then it is likely that you've had it out and inspected it, so that probably isn't your problem.

Have you checked the running lights to make sure that they're not corroded? The old lights have a tendancy to fall apart. Sorry, thats all I can come up with right now.

Good luck, I hate dealing with electrical issues.
Sparky
Did you check all the bulbs on that sideof the car? Just a thought...

Mike D.
SteveL
The bulbs are good. I checked the headlight switch, and there was a connector off the spade on the switch. It was 2 brown with stripe wires going into a female spade connector. There was an opejn spade on the headlight switch. I traced the wires and they do go to fuse #6, which is for the right side running lights. There is power to the switch at that spade.
SteveL
Any ideas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.