Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I saw a post on here tha said a Boxter 5 spd and a Audt TT/ Pasat v6 trans are the same. Is that correct or did I read it wrong. Just thinking of trans alternitaves. beerchug.gif
JFJ914
That's what I heard, 4cyl and 6cyl FWD. I would think that any VAG (VW Audi Group) FWD transmission would have the same case, ratios might be different.
75boxster
The cable shift mech. off of a Boxster bolts right up to a Passat/Audi A4 fronttrak 012. Main hurdle I see is the conversion to the hyd. clutch. Either deal with a less than factory style homemade setup or an expensive tilton style pedal cluster.
Mueller
Main hurdle I see is the conversion to the hyd. clutch

hahahah......that is one of the easiest parts of the conversion, wait till you try and bolt the transmission to an air-cooled /4 or /6 laugh.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 4 2004, 04:58 PM)
Main hurdle I see is the conversion to the hyd. clutch

hahahah......that is one of the easiest parts of the conversion, wait till you try and bolt the transmission to an air-cooled /4 or /6 laugh.gif

Who said anything about Air cooled cool_shades.gif
spare time toys
OK here is a teaser for you. I got a line on a wrecked Jetta with a TDI. I drive a Jetta TDI for every day use and am getting 48.6 MPG average. So I know a TDI will bolt up to a VR6 trans. What I am thinking is drop that combo into a streetable 914 and what a tourer it would be. If you never drove a deisel Jetta you need to try one.All kinds of low end and you can put bigger injectors and chip the box and then they get real fun and get well over 45MPG. aktion035.gif and IM paying about .25 a gal. less than gas. rocking nana.gif
Mark Henry
Use a Kennedy (KEP) adaptor and it will bolt right up to the stock trans.

I've had a couple of turbo diesels, I like them, thinking of getting the wife one this fall, but it would be about my last choice for my 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.