Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welding is fun!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Ok, time to get busy. JP has been putting us all to shame with his progress.
Today I installed the new front trunk section to replace a PO butcher job. I guess they couldn't unlock the front trunk so they cut a hole to crawl in to unlock it. Then a awful patch piece was installed.
Using a Bosch jigsaw and a sawzall I carefully cut the new piece to size. I then laid it on top of the old area marking the outline. I cut to about a 1/2" of the line remove all the patch metal. In the front I cut right to the line, so when I trial fit it, it fit great. I tack welded in the front part, then cut all around the new section using it as a cutting guide. Another trial fit and waalaa, perfect! I tacked the new piece in and quit, time for dinner.
Maybe flares can't be that hard!
Geoff
J P Stein
Izat' patch Delphi Green Metalic?
You think welding is fun?
Tell me again after you do the overhead......a small fire in your chest hair will change that opinion.
Bleyseng
Saturn Yellow I think....
J P Stein
Oh.
Must be my moniter is all screwed up. All that gawd awful Orange stuff, prolly. Nice job. tho. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.