Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Rare part...I guess?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
First, I apologize to anyone whom would rather I post this in the "Wanted" section! I am desperate and all of the normally reliable sources say good luck!

I have spoken with the following Porsche places:

HPH (High Performance House)
EASY
Parts Heaven
Porsche (Claridge's)

All of them told me to ask the 914 club if anyone has one...so here I am!!

So here it is, I need the part of the Bosch distributor that the points hook on to! It is an insulated pass through wire! It is replaceable but was only available on the 67-71 911's with a bosch.

Here are a few photos!

Please help Claridge's quoted me $950 for a rebuilt distributor and said they probably couldn't even get it!!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
Dist.
TimT
Dont sweat the small stuff,

make your own

some heat shrink tubing, to build up a appropriate piece of wire..... cut the increasing dias of heat shrink shorter... till it just barely fits...

cut down the interior side with a razor..

the use some black silicone to secure the "grommet/stress relief" that you made
SirAndy
can you run a more "modern" dizzy ???

confused24.gif Andy
Joe Ricard
You should be able to make one. Lowes has an assortment of grommets and rubber plugs. that and a dremel tool. take the unit you have and fit in new rubber.

No offense this will work unless you are an uptight concours guy.
Jeffs9146
I thought about making it!

I even recall that the early 67 bugs had a similar piece at the end of the condenser! Does anyone else recall something similar to this on a bug? Jake??

Jeff
ArtechnikA
i've got the one i popped out of my '71 911E's dizzy when i put in the Crane pointless conversion. it's on my workbench. make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.
Mark Henry
Some of the VW bugs had a similar piece on the condenser, you might be able to modify one to work and look stock.
This is some I have, there are others.
TimT
bugs had a similar piece at the end of the condenser!

yeap

what 911 engine is it? early non vacuum assist distributors can fetch some serious bucks...

like if it a '67S

in any event, its an easy fix
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 4 2004, 06:11 PM)
This is some I have, there are others.

yupp, just threw one away the other day

sad.gif Andy
Jeffs9146
i've got the one i popped out of my '71 911E's dizzy when i put in the Crane pointless conversion. it's on my workbench. make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

You tell me! I will take it if it is a fair price!

It looks like the one that mark has on the end of the condenser! Mark, what is the part number of the one in the lower right corner?

Thanks!

Jeff
TimT
OK Im putting the tinfoil hat on...and asbestos jacket

but why if you asked all these resources

I have spoken with the following Porsche places:

HPH (High Performance House)
EASY
Parts Heaven
Porsche (Claridge's)

not one could help you out?

you simply need to pass a wire from the inside to the outside of the distributor...

its quite easy...

Flame away....
Mark Henry
One neat little trick I do with old ones, if you need to run a wire through the tin for a temp (etc) sensor. I cut off the short condenser wire leaving the long one for you sensor, drill a hair smaller hole in the tin and push it up from underneath. Then you can connect a wire from above the tin for a quick connect.

Jeff, all it says is "made in West Germany" smile.gif It's NOS from a 70's-up beetle, $10 it's yours, postage included. I can get my dad to ship from within the USA the first of next week, if your interested.
Jeffs9146
Just an FYI for those faced with the same problem!

I was able to find an older VW condensor with the same plug and wires for the Distributor! I just cut off the extra wire and it fit right in! It even looks stock!!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.