Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a few more WCC (Laguna) pix ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
SirAndy
what a nice day! we even had some fog!

the pit ...
SirAndy
nuther
SirAndy
nuther
SirAndy
note, there's actual racing going on on the track!

driving.gif
SirAndy
nuther
URY914
Laguna Seca???

Now you guys really SUCK

Paul
SirAndy
closeup of the lineup
SirAndy
nuther
SirAndy
me likes golden cars smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
nuther
Levi
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 4 2004, 05:14 PM)
Laguna Seca???

Now you guys really SUCK

Paul

agree.gif bootyshake.gif
lol2.gif lol2.gif
SirAndy
i *think* jenny is trying to tell me something ... idea.gif
SirAndy
my little girl ...
SirAndy
nuther
SirAndy
oh, yeah, we had LOTS of this too wink.gif
SirAndy
that's it!

smilie_flagge24.gif Andy
Doug Leggins
WOW!!! That is an amazing sight!
Carl
Everybody's having a great time except for "Thrill a Minute" Scott Yeaman. Had enough there, Scott?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Carl @ Jun 4 2004, 06:37 PM)
Everybody's having a great time except for "Thrill a Minute" Scott Yeaman. Had enough there, Scott?

haha, great pic carl,
but what did you expect?

he's driving a 3.0L original /6 race car and he's stuck behind YOU all the way down to laguna ...

laugh.gif Andy
Carl
Here's the group on the way in to Laguna.
Carl
'nuther (using an Andyism)
Carl
914's coming over the rise ...
Carl
Yep, we got a lttle track time today at the WCC
Carl
Kevin Powers smoked me into turn 4
Carl
pic
Carl
He beat me through the turn
Carl
and under the bridge ...
Carl
He even outpowered me through the Rahal Straight!
Carl
... and over the hill into the corkscrew ...
DNHunt
The back of the grid

Nothing prepared me for the corkscrew. I can't imagine it at speed. The road would just fall away. I hope someone got a picture entering it.

Dave
Carl
He even beat me into the pits! He must have run out of gas trying to stay ahead of me!
Carl
A couple of these pesky guys were there, too!
seanery
great pics everyone! Carl, I hope Shotgun is taking those pics, or you had your hands full! ohmy.gif
Carl
After the hard fought race at Laguna, Kim, Meredith and I took our rides to the beach to relax before the twisty tour home.
Carl
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 4 2004, 05:56 PM)
great pics everyone! Carl, I hope Shotgun is taking those pics, or you had your hands full! ohmy.gif

Hi Sean!
Meredith gets the credit for most of the photos. I think she did a pretty good job.

You should be here, BTW. This morning Jeff gave a lot of credit to all the people who made this come about.
Carl
he's driving a 3.0L original /6 race car and he's stuck behind YOU all the way down to laguna ...

Andy

Veeery funny! and YOU and your "little girl" were ahead of us, were you not?

Actually, no, it was Nate Breitling who was right in front of us but you were up there somewhere!
i love porsche
i have this great feeling of a void and emptiness and jealousy knowing that im just sitting here LOOKING at pictures of you guys having fun....
krk
QUOTE(Carl @ Jun 4 2004, 05:58 PM)
After the hard fought race at Laguna, Kim, Meredith and I took our rides to the beach to relax before the twisty tour home.

Folks,

Today was a blast. It started last night on the roof of a parking garage. We forgot the "frog eye" thing -- maybe it could happen later this weekend, who knows -- but it was a good opening intro. By now you've seen the pics --- usually without people laugh.gif -- but we kicked it around 'till dark.

We launch to breakfast.

The cars were cool, but the people were cooler. Name tags rule. I have met a ton of folks that I see posts from on the board. But the cars were very cool! "from the tallest to the smallest" -- the sight of so many 914's was actually pretty mind boggling.

The breakfast -- there are pics here of the lineup. It was most impressive. The food was great. And it was a great setup for the day.

Brad rode shotgun for me down to Laguna -- I don't think he's been in the silver car before -- but I got probably an hour of quality time the The B-Meister™. He picked up some things that need attention on my car just by riding in it. Very cool!

Laguna was awesome. (we got lucky and literally stole 30 mins from another club's time while they were taking lunch -- I've lost the names who set this up, bu they rock in very serious ways. I hope the 914 arrival didn't mess anything up for him or them!) It's hard to describe the Corkscrew™. It was my first time driving through it, and it's an unbelievable set of turns, dropping something on the order of an 8 story building in the process. We did it at something like 20 mph -- at speed, it must border on a roller coaster experience. w00t!

After the way-too-brief encounter with Laguna, Brad dumped off to go back to work (ouch!!) and I hookedup with Carl and Meridith for a cruise to the ocean. We cruised about, stopping for photo ops when we felt like it, and when we headed up into Monterey we saw Tom (I've lost a last name here), and he joined the convoy. Carl supplied the radio receivers, and we headed up into some serious twisties! We were so remote that the roads were labled "one lane" and they weren't kidding -- it was down to one lane traffic at times. But the views! Man, Carl and Meridith have clearly hunted the roads around here.

So at the end of the day, I'm a bit sunburned (I'll be shrouded for the AX tomorrow), but had a great day!

kim.
wheelo
Thanks for the Pic's.... great-day!... see you on Sunday... hope everyone sticks around...
beerchug.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 4 2004, 11:07 PM)
i have this great feeling of a void and emptiness and jealousy knowing that im just sitting here LOOKING at pictures of you guys having fun....

Actually, I'm happy for y'all. Looks like everybody's having a ball.
smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif and a little finger.gif
John
I have never seen so many 914's gathered in the same spot. It brings tears to my eyes. Alas, I was born to be coastless, living here in the heartland.....

Oh well, thanks for the pics. They re-affirm my belief that there are a great number of 914s out there in extrordinary condition for a 30+ year old car.... And that makes me smile...

Rock on and keep sending the pics!
rhodyguy
this stuff is not as fun as it might appear. haha

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.