Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waking up terrified...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
Last night, I removed the passenger side carb to pull it apart for cleaning. While cleaning it, I had a few beers, and decided that I'd install it in the morning. I went out, poked around, and found a rag to cover manifolds. It was good enough to at least keep any bugs out. It was a nice clear night out.

I bolted straight up out of my sleep this morning to the sound of a thunderclap. ohmy.gif

Grabbing a towel to wrap around myself, I ran to the kitchen for a roll of tinfoil. It had just started to rain! I ran down the three flights of stairs outside, dressed in nothing but a towel, to cover the manifold with tinfoil.

It was definately a way to wake up without hitting the snooze alarm 3 or 4 times. Damn, I miss having a garage! Time for some more coffee....

-Rusty

P.S. Can we get a coffee icon?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 18 2003, 05:06 AM)
P.S. Can we get a coffee icon?

i second that!
anyone has one handy? bring em on ...
Mueller
I need more than a coffee icon to get rid of the terrifing thought of you in nothing but a towel....oh the horror icon8.gif
Lawrence
Mueller - you know you think about me in my towel... :loveletter:

The ONLY thing running through my mind... "Hydrolock... oh shit... gonna break a piston or rod... hydrolock... oh damn..."

Repeat ad nauseum, until the manifold and carb are covered in tinfoil.

-Rusty boldblue.gif
Carl
Mueller wrote:
" I need more than a coffee icon to get rid of the terrifing thought of you in nothing but a towel....oh the horror  

Rusty (how appropriate) in the rain looking for something to plug the manifold. And he thought to bring aluminum foil? I don't think so. Those aren't hickies on his cheeks ...

Carl
Gint
dressed in nothing but a towel, to cover the manifold with tinfoil.

The nightmares this might have caused if I'd waited until after dark to read it.
fuch toy
Ginter would have just taken the foil off the foil helmet he wears to keep the voices out......

Lawrence in a towel....speaking of short subjects..... wacko.gif
Zeke
My 914 has never seen a garage, the whole thing has been built outside under a swp meet canopy. The garage has my other previously completed project car and the Boxster. I'd love to have Mikey's play pen. In another life I suppose. confused24.gif
Gint
Ginter would have just taken the foil off the foil helmet he wears to keep the voices out......

Damn... there's that voice again.

Yerstillfuglee
Aaron Cox
well fellers-
when i got my car, it had been sitting for ~1year. no rain tray, no carbs, and no rags over the freakin intake manifolds! ( ar15.gif Previous owners!) the engine was freshly rebuilt-new cam, rebuilt and crack free heads, everything (eexcept carbs) when we split the case 1 or 2 of the pistons had managed to rust themse;ves to the barrels. well- enough of a horror story all is well.....
hey! where'd i put my foil hat..."stop talking to me! that is not my puddle! i like berrychease corn flakes!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.