Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used starter harness?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
avidfanjpl
I have to make up the proper harness to go to my 914-6 relay box. That BIGASSED connector coming from the engine and starter is on a harness, but all I really need is the female and about 2 or 3 feet of the wire and maybe the vinyl gray or black covering.

I have to lapsolder the leads to the female wire harness, shrinkwrap it, and plug her in and start the car.

I do NOT know if the 914-6 wires are different in the color codes that the 2.0L for 73' or 74 was, nor the gauge wire, but I assume they are all pretty standard?

There are wires coming to the relay board, but they were soldered onto the pins for expedience, as Thomas was interested in running the engine before Jonathan then I bought it.

Can't pass without the harness being compliant. The relay board is cleverly vertically affixed to the driver's side engine wall, not horizontal near the firewall.

THANKS!

John

Click to view attachment
SLITS
No wonder he left the country.

It's a 12 pin ... not sure if I have an unbroken one but will look tomorrow and see what's in my pile of do do. I wouldn't exactly call it a BIGASS one.
bdstone914
I have extras of both sides of the relay board harness connectors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.