Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: massIVe type IV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Bannevich
I have looking at the ACT site, and these seem like the deal. B smilie_flagge24.gif t how much are the Massive engines, particulary the Annihilator?

Scott
Rog914
You will not get price quote from Jake until you contact him. He builds each engine for your exact needs. He will ask you a lot of questions to find out what you really want, then build it. Plan on spending about $7,000 + or - for a 2270cc. I heard though the grape vine the Annihilator can go for $10,000+ But that was a race engine. Very, very rarely dose he build the same engine twice. Again it depends on what YOU want. Is it going to be a race engine, or street engine, or some street mostly autocross, time trails, etc, etc? Each engine is tailorded like a suit to your needs. Last I heard he's got a 8 month waiting list now.

One thing for sure. You will not find a better type iv engine builder east of the Mississippi (maybe even west lol)

Ralph

74 2.0
Jake Raby
Its true.. I have no set prices, and never will. There are so many variables from cores to options and driving styles that its impossible to lock pricing.

My engines may *seem* like more money, and they slightly are-BUT there is no other establishment that sets an engine up as completely as I do. Many shops do a longbklock, or something less than a complete engine and you still have to spend alot more getting it dialed in and completed.

When you get an engine from me, its duynoed, and ready to install right down to the clutch and pressure plate. Carbs are synched and you don't even need a break in (I do that for you at redline)

We don't have a single competitor, because no one does it like we do, not even close.

BTW, what you heard abpout the annihilator is not true, they run 700.00 more than a 2270 and thats just because of the custom pistons.

Currently we have a 30 week wait for most engines, the "Super Heros" are over a year.

The only way to get a price quote is to set up a time to talk with me... After that we do a proposal and the prices are set in stone. (also something no other shop does, nor adheres to)
Joe Bob
How fast do ya wanna go and how much money ya got are synonymous..... MDB2.gif
Jake Raby
yep...

Hell, 1/2 of my customers have an engine that has less than 5K miles on it as a core.... They call me first, get a price *THINK* its too high then send it somewhere else.... Usually within a year their engine is dissected on my bench with digital photos depicting just how much the butcher didn't know about the Type IV....

Then it costs them way more than it ever would have the first time... By this time they are usually disgusted, but I have no mercy--------- They had a chance to do it my way the first time.
swood
Jake, isn't it past your bedtime? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.