Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 914/6 2.2 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
vwsamba
I bought this as an unfinished project a year ago. It was built up on a salvage title shell. On closer inspection it has a new front drivers side corner on it. I finished it up, drove it around the canyons driving.gif and did a few track days so now is time to move on.

1970 2.2T engine with pressure fed carrera tensioners, very strong running, good compression and oil pressure, rebuilt 40 weber ida's, firewall mount, velios oil tank, braided oil lines, headers with stock 911 banana muffler, good side shifter trans and clutch.

911 vented brakes all round with an aluminum 911 front crossmember, koni's all round, front sway bar, braided hoses.

7 and 8 x 15 OG fuchs wheels

The body was originally silver but has been painted black all over and under quite well. Fenders have been gently radiused. There was some hell hole rust when i got it but i welded in a new panel plus a new battery tray and support. No other rust anywhere as its a blue plate CALIFORNIA CAR. I had the targa roof painted smooth black to match the body.

The interior is mostly stock but i added a low pressure oil warning lamp on top of the dash and did an electronic tach upgrade in the OG housing.

As its a salvage title i'll sell for the parts value of $8000

Ideally you'd swap all the parts onto a nice clean unrepaired shell like i intended to do or just drive it as i ended up doing as its so much fun as is.
vwsamba
rear view
Mike Fitton
How about more pics! interior, engine.
rjames
*bump* for the nice looking car. I'm digging the mild flares! And who doesn't like black on a 914? aktion035.gif

Good luck with the sale!
vwsamba
extra pica as requested by many..Thx
vwsamba
engine bay
vwsamba
icon_bump.gif
JmuRiz
How'd you do those flairs? Hammer and Dolly work?

Looks cool.
vwsamba
sorry i don't actually know, they were already like that when i got the car. I love the way they look and unique too. Lots of time and money went into this car and its a blast to drive driving.gif
vwsamba
summer icon_bump.gif
patrick3000
Pm sent
vwsamba
spring bump

CAR NOW HAS K&N AIR CLEANERS AND I AM KEEPING THE STEERING WHEEL AND RED TOP BATTERY FOR A HEAVILY REDUCED SPRING PRICE
bcheney
Hard to believe this car has not sold. A great value.
vwsamba
QUOTE(bcheney @ Mar 22 2012, 03:40 AM) *

Hard to believe this car has not sold. A great value.

OH agree.gif biggrin.gif

Not one person has come to see and drive it, just lots of Q's and then nothing sad.gif
snowman
hi
could we drive the car on street.
is there a heater , wipers
MHKflyer52
Sent a PM to you about your car.
drdave427
WOW -- wonder what it would cost to get it shipped to east TN ??
vwsamba
QUOTE(drdave427 @ Mar 31 2012, 09:56 AM) *

$850. call graham at amerifreight 678 369 4122 or go to uship.com and start an auction.
drdave427
QUOTE(vwsamba @ Mar 31 2012, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(drdave427 @ Mar 31 2012, 09:56 AM) *

$850. call graham at amerifreight 678 369 4122 or go to uship.com and start an auction.

PMs sent
dw914er
Wow, what a deal!
vwsamba
Apparently not sad.gif , someone gave me a big PM lecture last week that's its not even worth $8k in parts so looks like i'll be keeping it. driving.gif
mepstein
It would make a great base for a GT project since everything gets cut up and replaced anyway. 8K is a very nice price for what you're selling.
dw914er
QUOTE(vwsamba @ Apr 10 2012, 10:16 PM) *

Apparently not sad.gif , someone gave me a big PM lecture last week that's its not even worth $8k in parts so looks like i'll be keeping it. driving.gif

I guess it the motor and other components needed work, then maybe confused24.gif

Then again, I haven't really looked up how much it would cost to convert my teener into a 914-6 clone.

Well, I hope you find continued enjoyment with the car.
mbevans
Looks like a nice 914 track/street ride.

While opinions are everywhere for everything. Some may believe that the economy is on the up-turn, yet specialty vehicles are selling slowly still....

Even with a salvaged title, I believe that your car is worth a fair amount.

I'll PM you next week.
Cheers,
M
porsha916
It's worth what somebody willing to pay for it!!!! If I wasn't so far away, I would have looked at it and considered buying it!!! You could consider giving it to me but that would be reDICKlious!!! Everybody has an opinion, Don't listen to most of them!
Take Care
Bill
Hi.

If you still have the car for sale do you have photos of the engine/transmission. Is the transmission 901/915?

Is there a heater, controls, heat exchangers, and mufflers.

Is the fuel management carburetors or fuel injection or any other changes. Would you know the compression on each cylinder. Is it leaking very much oil, how much per month.

Rob.

DEC
QUOTE(914914914 @ May 25 2012, 07:08 AM) *

Hi.

If you still have the car for sale do you have photos of the engine/transmission. Is the transmission 901/915?

Is there a heater, controls, heat exchangers, and mufflers.

Is the fuel management carburetors or fuel injection or any other changes. Would you know the compression on each cylinder. Is it leaking very much oil, how much per month.

Rob.

Do read the start post?

The answers of most of your questions are in post #1
Sparkysounddog
What is the red box by the drivers side fog light?
carr914
Probably a Timing Transponder for the Track
Sparkysounddog
Is this car still for sale?
vwsamba
Yes still for sale but with the experiences i've had so far i have lost hope of ever selling it as is. Now Looking for a 70T 911 FS with no or the wrong engine. Let me know , cash waiting. Thx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.