Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw a 914 in Northern Indiana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Saw a medium blue 914 heading up hgwy 3 north of Fort Wayne on Friday afternoon about 3 pm. It had black bumpers. Anybody's here? I wish I was driving mine at the time. Anybody going to the O'Daniel Porsche event on the 12th?
Buck
jim912928
Hi, wasn't me. I'm 90% done with the restoration of my 914 (doing the 5-lug suspension as we speak). What event is going on at this place? I assume that is the porsche dealership in fort wayne?
buck toenges
O'daniel Porsche is the dealership in Fort Wayne. June 12th they are having a get together with the indy and south bend chapter of pca. They will have a 2004 turbo cab there. There will also be a drive up to Auburn In. to see the Kruse museum. Free lunch up in Auburn. Starts at 10 am. at the dealership. I don't belong to pca anymore but still got an invite. I assume anybody can come. I don't know any of the Indy guys but I use to belong to the south bend group. They are a really good group of guys. There is this one fellow named Phil who at one time had a green 928 with lime green flames on it. Not my taste but you got to admit it was original. I think the fellow who was president at one time worked at the tire rack.
I got a '95 993 c4 cab, a '89 944 turbo, and my '71 3.2 914-6. I plan to bring the 914 to the event. Figure it is the coolest porsche I own.
Buck
jim912928
Buck, thanks for the info. I may just have to come to this if I can. I don't think my 914 will be ready in a week though! I've got the rear bearings back in, but have not mounted the hubs/stub axles/axles yet. And I have to widen the brakes. The fronts I have not started yet. I'm putting 1999 Boxster rims on this. I had the car stripped down to bare metal and painted Arctic Silver (did the smooth painted roof, rockers, valences in silver also). Just got a great set of the 914 Konig seats...rest of the interior is still out of the car. So, I'll either show up in my Targa (which I had upgraded with the factory widebody parts) or the 928 (best highway cruiser I've owned!).

Hey, post pics of your cars so I can see your trio!

Jim

p.s. I do not belong to the pca either..hopefully they won't mind if I show up
GaroldShaffer
WooHoo another Indiana teener!!!!!! boldblue.gif

I'm a member of the Michiana PCA region (aka south bend) I won't be at O'Daniels since I am organizing the Windy City 9:14 breakfast that day. FYI its at the IHOP on La Grange Rd in La Grange IL (sub of Chicago).

I got my AS in Electroinc Engineering from ITT tech in Ft Wayne (1985) Then spent a 1 1/2 years working for D & L Communications before going to work for Motorola in 1986. Always liked Ft Wayne, best parts was Raft racing during the Three Rivers Fest and the Muddy River Run car shows.

Keep a watch on this site for details on the Fall Foliage Classic held in Oct down in Brown County.
Last year was the first one and Seanery did a excellent job, this year will be even better.

- Garold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.