Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BCinSC
ILCO makes some. The PO5 (and the PO5-P with black plastic top). What are the PO6 (aka X32) and the PO7? I've got an uncut red plastic topped Silca (Italy) PW2P that I'm guessing is a valet key or something. Same grooves as PO6. Then my "master" key is an E.S.P. Lock Corp A81M. What are other options? How much should they cost?
BCinSC
Search and ye shall find. Plugged "X32 P06" into google and came up with this informative site:
Key-Men P05-OEM
Key-Men P05..................Master
Key-Men P05-P
Key-Men P06.................Valet
Key-Men P06-P
Key-Men P07................Ignition only?

except the PO7 doesn't look like PO7 I have. They do have OEM Porsche key and can cut to code. SWEET!
TheCabinetmaker
Uh, whats wrong with the originals?
BCinSC
Whaddya mean? My original or OEM keys? I have only one and it's not OEM and the prices I've seen for OEMs is a little steep. And why is your '73 out to pasture?
TheCabinetmaker
Hmm, I get the uncut oem keys at my local Pcar shop for about 10 bucks or so.
BCinSC
Well, jaggraveyard has complete set of ILCO for ~$9 shipped. P05, P06, and P07. I bet they can be had even cheaper.
TheCabinetmaker
The 73 was my daily driver from 73 til 99. It went swimming in a disasterous 1000 year flood in 1980. I drove it into a lake that wasn't susposed to be there. It gave proof to the comercials that a vw will float. My brother and I took the top off, threw it on the luggage rack(yes they get used), jumped out the top of the car, grabbed the rear bumper, and swam the car back to where we could touch the bottom, and pulled the car out of the water. We got the car back to the house the next day, drained the water out of the motor, and flushed it with deisel. The car ran fine afterwards, but we didn't know about the rust demon at that time. I put 349,000 miles on the original 1.7, had a complete motor rebuild(cost more than I paid for the car new), and drove it for another 50,000 before it succumed to the rust. We installed the motor in another car 4 years ago, and it continues to run great today. Electrical problems plauged me till the end. I still have her.
djm914-6
Hey Bruce!
What's wrong with the key we had cut here? Does this have something to do with you looking for lock mechanisms on evilbay?

BTW, hows the muffler these days?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.