Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mourning in America: Ronald Reagan is Dead
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
"You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121883,00.html
swood
flag.gif

Sad news indeed! A loss of a great man.
Mark Henry
It's sad, but probably for the best, Alzheimer’s is a terrible thing.

My dad's 80 and starting to lose it, we're hoping that he will not have the same fate.
TimT
Reagan did alot of good...

Sad news..
Meredith
An acquaintance of ours once said, "death is the final healing." I think in this case, it's definitely true.
seanery
The greatest leader our country has had in the last 40 years.

sad day sad.gif
MattR
40 years? Are you saying Nixon was better? I cant think of any president in our century that did more for this country. Rest in peace Ron Reagan.

You have to admit, he's had a pretty good run. I'd be pretty happy to make it to 80.
swood
I'd say without hesitation he's #3 after Washington and Lincoln. He was a man of great integrity, admitted to his failures, strong in defense of our country and strong in defense of individual liberties and a great proponent of smaller government.

The current and previous administration pale in comparison across the board (Not to mention that goober Querry).

Just a thought...Reagan left Cali in '66 with a surplus of 500 billion. Quite a difference to what Gov. Lowbeam left us with... wacko.gif
Jake Raby
I think he was the most logical President we have had.

When I was in the Marine Corp I was lucky enough to spend a few weeks with HMX-1, the Executive Helicopter squadron.

Our Master Sargeant there had been there since the Carter days and used to tell us how the Presidents had changed. He said that Reagan was by far his favorite to fly with, because when you stepped off that aircraft and gave him a salute he had just as much "Snap and pop" as the Marine did...

Watch Bush get off that Helo- it makes me want to puke everytime I see it.
SpecialK
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 5 2004, 10:44 PM)

Watch Bush get off that Helo- it makes me want to puke everytime I see it.

Hmmmmm...I kind of appreciate the way he didn't sit on his hands after 9/11, too bad the media has him sitting on them now! ar15.gif ar15.gif
Rouser
Sad news indeed! A loss of a great man.

Not just a great man, but an even greater President.

Spent about half my military career serving under his leadership, and when he spanked Quaddafi and his "Line of Death," I knew he was the best man in the Oval Office. NOBODY messed with us, not even the (former) Soviet Union.

When Bush Sr. took over the reins, Ron did what other former Presidents do (and what "The Clintons" can't bring themselves to EVER do), he stepped off the stage, went back to his ranch, and left the country he loved so much in great shape.

Today, I have a heavy heart ...
lmcchesney
Ron created a wonderful life. He fulfilled his dreams with his life partner Nancy. Even all of his children came to understand him in the end. Mourning the loss of a true gentleman? No, just admaration and aspirations. God hold the Gipper in his arms and comfort to those who loved him.
God.s Blessings
L. McChesney
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.