Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Server Killing Pics from WCC Auto-X
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
sgomes
First off... There was more than sixes and V-8 out there today! This is Ottmar's mean electric machine.
sgomes
...and here he is on the track
sgomes
Sorry I don't know the names but...
sgomes
'nother
sgomes
'nother
sgomes
'nother
sgomes
'nother
sgomes
'nother
sgomes
'nother
sgomes
'nother
sgomes
'nother
serge914
Those are great pics. How did Otmar car perform compare to others cars ? He is probably the heavier car of the field but I heard that his electrics motors gave him a lot of torque. Does it make any sound ?
EdwardBlume
Thanks that gray car is me!!!!!!!!!!! driving.gif driving.gif
EdwardBlume
More
EdwardBlume
more
EdwardBlume
mo
EdwardBlume
mo
EdwardBlume
mo
EdwardBlume
mo
EdwardBlume
mo
EdwardBlume
mo
EdwardBlume
mo
EdwardBlume
mo
ein 6er
nice pics, but .................where's the limo?!? unsure.gif
sgomes
Serge... He did pretty well actually. He will probably post his own comments here eventually but I remember his time was somewhere near 1:00 or 1:01. I'd say he was in the upper half or third. The street tires hurt I think. He looked a little slippy out there. Get him on the 1/4 mile though and watch out. He's in the low 13's!! ohmy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(serge914 @ Jun 5 2004, 07:20 PM)
Those are great pics. How did Otmar car perform compare to others cars ? He is probably the heavier car of the field but I heard that his electrics motors gave him a lot of torque. Does it make any sound ?

no sound, except the tire squeel burnout.gif laugh.gif

he did pretty good, the car is a heavy MF tho, he said something like 800 lbs just for the batteries ?!?

he was smoking tires everywhere, 500 lbs of torque on half boost, i'm just glad we didn't do drag-racing today!
driving.gif Andy
Otmar
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 5 2004, 08:04 PM)
Those are great pics.  How did Otmar car  perform compare to others cars ?  He is probably the heavier car of the field but I heard that his electrics motors gave him a lot of torque. Does it make any sound ?

he did pretty good, the car is a heavy MF tho, he said something like 800 lbs just for the batteries ?!?

he was smoking tires everywhere, 500 lbs of torque on half boost, i'm just glad we didn't do drag-racing today!
driving.gif Andy

agree.gif
You got it about right.
At 3000# I'm as porky as a boxter, but with about 800 ft/lb of torque dialed in today and maybe 220 hp it still moves. My best time was 1:00.508 which probably puts me somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Getting real tempted to do some AX rubber, change alignment and bring down those times smilie_flagge24.gif

It's so much easier to blame the car than the driver. laugh.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Otmar @ Jun 5 2004, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 5 2004, 08:04 PM)
Those are great pics.  How did Otmar car  perform compare to others cars ?  He is probably the heavier car of the field but I heard that his electrics motors gave him a lot of torque. Does it make any sound ?

driving.gif Andy

agree.gif
You got it about right.
At 3000# I'm as porky as a boxter, but with about 800 ft/lb of torque dialed in today and maybe 220 hp it still moves. My best time was 1:00.508 which probably puts me somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Getting real tempted to do some AX rubber, change alignment and bring down those times smilie_flagge24.gif

It's so much easier to blame the car than the driver. laugh.gif

Before I realized Otmar was running an electric I thought he was warming up for a drift competition. The car has awesome amounts of torque and can spin tires with no problem from my observations.

I was thinking same thing Otmar. Put some r compound tires and get some aggressive alignment on that car and you would have knocked a few more seconds off your times.

I especially liked the portable generator in the grid! Charging up for a run.
Dave_Darling
Who they is, to the best of my knowledge:

Orange one, Otmar (obviously)
Grey 26 with "Whale Tail" license plate: Rob Ways (cavwpguy)
Red one w/916 bumper: Aaaahndy
Red 75: Not sure...
Red/white/other color, #69: Birgit
Black #57, not sure
Dark Blue #4, I forget the name but he's the guy with nitrous and the nasty-sounding exhaust
Orange #114, event chair Demick Boyden (who set #2 fastest time of the day in a near-stock 2.0!)
Orange/red #444, I think was Britain
Grey 26 again, Rob Ways again
Silver #24, Anthony Siino
Willow Green #25, Howard Yao (I think)--a GGR instructor on loan to the WCC for the day
Green #6 "Brazilia special", Jim Tabor (jimtab)
Black #57 again, not sure again
White/red/etc. #61, Jason Samson
White #240, either Richard Lindsall or Geoff Bartelmes (bleyseng) in Richard's car
Blue #195, ME!!
Orange #114, Demick again
Blue #11, Carl Cilker's drop-dead gorgeous Six
Silver #24 again, Anthony Siino again

Please correct me if I have messed any of these up...

--DD
Chris H.
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Jun 5 2004, 08:51 PM)
nice pics, but .................where's the limo?!? unsure.gif

Good question!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.