Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey PA meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914guy
Hello~
I just wanted to see if anyone was going to be heading up to the Hershey PA swap meet, and if so if there was a meeting place or something?

~Eric
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(914guy @ Apr 18 2003, 08:46 AM)
I just wanted to see if anyone was going to be heading up to the Hershey PA swap meet, and if so if there was a meeting place or something?

Naturally, Dave McLaughlin and i would like to suggest you meet at the ArtechnikA area, Spaces F39->F41. i know we're planning on having some 'hospitality items' ...

i have no idea where F39->F41 is -- it's my first time...

there may be some kind of ArtechnikA banner like the one on the website -- if it stops snowing long enough for me to get the 914.6 ready for transport so i can make one ...
tod914
i should be going. whats the date? not sure if im taking my car or not.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 18 2003, 09:39 AM)
i should be going. whats the date?

next Saturday, April 26. there's a link to the event site on the ArtechnikA.com page.
there are caravans planned from all over - check RennList and some of the web sites for PCA Regions in Zone 2, especially Riesentöter Region.

general admission gates open at 0730 EDT.
vortrex
dang, I knew there was something planned for the 26th but I couldn't remember what. looks like I am going to miss it, already bought a ticket to fly into chicago that morning.
914guy
Cool, I can't wait to meet some people from here!

I don't suppose anyone is leaving from the Northern VA / Washington DC area and wants to caravan?? I'll be driving the Volvo, but eh, it could still be fun beerchug.gif

~Eric
ArtechnikA
there are lots of caravans from all over the east.
most PCA Regions have something planned - for sure RTR does, and they're planning on meeting up with one of the RennList caravans. check the PCA Region websites, and this thread:

RennList Hershey Caravans
jtf914
QUOTE(914guy @ Apr 18 2003, 01:07 PM)
I don't suppose anyone is leaving from the Northern VA / Washington DC area and wants to caravan?? I'll be driving the Volvo, but eh, it could still be fun beerchug.gif

I'm going, but I will probably caravan with the NoVA group @5:30 in the morning. I'm pretty sure you already knew about that caravan, but if not let me know and I'll send you the link to the NoVA board.

Dont let it slip that you are driving the vovlo, or you might be hauling everyones parts back.
si2t3m
I'll be there with the other 914 guys from Quebec.

This was what we took back home 2 year ago.

Michel's engine:
IPB Image

Low rider Volvo:
IPB Image

Marc-André
914guy
Marc~
Something tells me my Volvo 850 will be looking something like that after Hershey :-)

~Eric
Kerrys914
I'll be heading up on Friday with the wife.. smile.gif

I have a Jeep Liberty with rack on top, if anyone needs something brought back to the Richmond. va/DC area.

I'll see you guys at the ArtechnikA.com table.

Drop me an e-mail if you'll be up on Friday and I'll give you my cell beerchug.gif

Any word on the RC bodies yet?

Cheers
Kerry
mskala
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 18 2003, 12:05 PM)
i have no idea where F39->F41 is -- it's my first time...

It's right behind the bathroom and next to the exhaust for
the grills biggrin.gif
seriously they just have a grid for selling and a grid for
porsche-only parking.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mskala @ Apr 18 2003, 02:27 PM)
It's right behind the bathroom and next to the exhaust for the grills

hey, as long as it's UPWIND of those features, cool - i know it'll be a high-traffic area! (second only perhaps to the ATM line...)
djm914-6
Actually it's the same spot I had last year. Go through the gate then into the swap area and keep walking back... no further than that. If you look at the ends of each row of parking spots, you'll see some letters. Look for F the look for us. It a long ways from the food and head (boat term for bathroom for you land lubbers) but has a good view of the Porsche only parking. I should have a tent this year, so if Rich brings the banner, we'll have a place to hang it.

No word on the 914 bodies yet. Hell, I haven't even seen the 911 bodies I bought off ebay yet. I just hope I get enough shirts done and sold to break even. If I sell more, I get to shop the left overs.

Actually, I'll be employed again next week, so maybe I will have some extra money. Hmmm, things may look pretty good after all. Since I'll be there at 6, a full hour and a half to shop for all the good stuff before you common folk can get in! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.