Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MadeRight
I was exploring the front trunk of my 914 to find a hose of sorts coming out of the carpeted headed wall of the trunk and then screwing into the spare tire valve stem.

Is this a sensor or something?

I am curious to know what it does. The tire was not filled, so if it is suppossed to be sensing something, please let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew
ematulac
If I remember correctly, the 914's windshield washer system used the air from the spare tire for pressure.
Aaron Cox
the compressed air in the spare tire is used to pressurize the windshield washer reservoir, to eliminate an electric washer pump (pump available as an option). think "super soaker" biggrin.gif
SirAndy
yupp, that means, you only get the windshield washers to work if you have enough air in your spare tire. wink.gif

there's a valve on the washer bottle cap that will prevent your tire from going flat, i vaguely remeber that it closes at 29 lbs ...
so, in order to operate correctly, your spare tire needs more pressure than that.

smile.gif Andy
Chris H.
Yup I think the manual says to fill the spare to 43 lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.