2) Andy Schmidt

3) 1.8 D-Jet, bone stock, maybe 70 HP on a good day

4)
slowest: 102:522 (first run)
fastest: 57:608 (last run) smile.gif

morning: 102:522 - 100:466 - 59:665 - 58:756
afternoon: 100:308 - 59:204 - 58:756 - 58:216 - 58:115 - 58:100 - 57:608

5) on crappy street tires rolleyes.gif

hmmm, let's see if i can come up with any more excuses why i didn't win. idea.gif

laugh.gif Andy
Jake Raby
Cool! Glad you guys had fun!

What did the trophies look like?? Too bad I could'nt make it to hand them out myself...
PatW
Car #12
Pat Warren

Morning Runs 104.4 - 103.2 - 102.6 - 102.2

Afternoon Runs 101.5 - 101.2 - 101.7
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 5 2004, 08:32 PM)
What did the trophies look like?? Too bad I could'nt make it to hand them out myself...

trophies will be handed out tomorrow, so i don't know yet.
not that i will get one anyways ...

and thank you for sponsoring the AX!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
anthony
Anthony Siino
Car #24
stock 160K 1974 2.0
Pirelli P6000s

morning: 1:11, 1:07.7, 1:05.5, we won't talk about that last run where I spun the car. biggrin.gif

afternoon: 1:06, 1:03.2, 1:02.1, 1:02.8, 1:02.4, 1:02.8, 1:01.8
Jake Raby
Cool, Andy can you take a pic of one for me??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 5 2004, 08:51 PM)
Cool, Andy can you take a pic of one for me??

will do!
cool.gif Andy
Andyrew
Andrew Dalen

1.07, 1.04, 1.02, 1.03

No afternoon Would have liked to stay to see my time get sub 1min.. I think I was going to let some air out of the rear of the STREET tires, while my fronts had Hoosers.... Not a good combo for a 944 turbo....

lol

Some fun power oversteer though!!!

Now to mend to my sunburns..

Andrew
Demick
I've got all the times, names, car numbers, engine sizes, etc etc. We'll post all the results when I get a chance. I've got to input all the times and sort the results for the awards ceremony tomorrow at Parts Heaven. Most likely I'll be sitting around at the swap meet with my laptop tallying up times tomorrow morning.

Demick
Otmar
driving.gif
1) car # 99
2) I am Otmar
3) Motors, two 8" Advanced DC series wound motors. (like that means anything to anyone :-) Lot's of electric torque! I ran third gear only and probably about 800 ft/lb of torque today.
4) Times: First run 1:04.031, second to last run 1:00.508
4) #4 again?, Comments. Damn that was fun!! Many thanks to those who made it possible! You all are really great people!
Whining: Next time, I'd rather spend less time with my sidewalls on the pavement. 0/0/0 alignment and high efficiency tires are probably not the best for AX. I drove home visualizing a electric driven on the fly camber adjuster for the rear. Upright for efficiency, negative and toe out for the corners...

To those who helped: beerchug.gif I'll buy anytime!
smrz914
I've got all the times, names, car numbers, engine sizes, etc etc. We'll post all the results when I get a chance. I've got to input all the times and sort the results for the awards ceremony tomorrow at Parts Heaven. Most likely I'll be sitting around at the swap meet with my laptop tallying up times tomorrow morning.

Demick

oh, woops. Lets make this for the people that were unable to make it.

Thank you for all the work BTW. It was very well executed. And a thanks to the drivers today, for the smooth runs they had.
SirAndy
QUOTE(smrz914 @ Jun 5 2004, 09:33 PM)
oh, woops. Lets make this for the people that were unable to make it

actually, i think this way (posting here) is better as the WCC official results will not show the engine size/type or the tires used or the afternoon times or the drivers comments ...

just my 2 cents, of course.
aktion035.gif Andy

PS: Demick, thanks for the course-design and all! pray.gif
and everybody else who helped organizing this event ...
Mueller
08, stockish '73 2.0 (lowered w/koni yellows)(belongs to Mike Rose, thanks Mike)

morning: 1st run (and worst of mine) 1.37
best morning run: 1.00.xxx

afternoon; Drove Dave Hunts car, best of 3 laps in his was a 58.(thanks Dave, you have the Megasquirt running perfect )

switched back to Mikes car and ran consistant 58s for the rest of my runs
EdwardBlume
1) the number of your car that you used today - 26
2) your name - Rob Ways
3) engine - 2.0
4) slowest and fastest times (optional) 57 ? / 54.911 ? (offical AM) / 53.2 (fun run PM)
4) additional coments - had fun.... enjoyed seeing everybody. I was glad to take some people for a ride.

Thanks to Brad for putting tires on my car the night before even though he had 4 other things to do then, and thanks for building my car.

Thanks Jeff, Demick, Randal, and everyone for making this one to remember.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 5 2004, 09:18 PM)

Demick

It was kind of Demick not to post his time for his virtually stock 914 4.... smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for letting us NARTs run today. (not a real teener)

Dan
carreraguy
Very educational and loads of fun too! First time autox in a 914 for me; 1976 bone stock including skinny tires. First of four runs was around 1:14 last run was around 1:06. More practice, front sway bar and fatter tires will likely help in the future.

A blast was definitely had by all! Thanks Demick!
Bleyseng
Car#1240- RichardL's new car (Thanks Rich for letting me run in it!)
engine-2056cc w/carbs (Locked diff)
Best time was a 1.02

Had a blast driving it! 1st run I ran a 1.07 and the best run the fire ext and mirror fell off and landed under the clutch and brake petals so I just drove without hitting the brakes! Pretty wild ride with the locked diff going around the tight corners as it just wanted to go straight, pushing big time. Very fast car on the straighter parts of the course.

Had a great time but left to going shopping in the afternoon with Monique. (wait till you see her new pants)

Geoff biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
1) #01 car (white)
2) Jeff Bowlsby
3) Stock 2.0 Djet
4) I was there to make everyone else look good...and I accomplished that... laugh.gif
4) Thanks Rob and Demick...It was a great time...
jimtab
Car #6//Jim Tabor//73 2.0 Brazilia one-off, Worst run 110.990(1st run),102.177 last run...just couldn't break 102. Hellova lot of fun tho and no tickets for speeding. Thanks Jake! MDB2.gif
richardL
Car #240

Started at 1:12 - first time in the car, first time for several years with a stick shift etc etc (my taildragger is tiptronic). I got down to 59.9 in the PM whioch made me happy. The fact the new car didn't break made me even happier!

Also I know it has a lot more potential (and I can only get better).

Richard
neo914-6
1) #35 car (red)
2) Felix Pabros
3) Bone stock 283cid V8, RV cam, running rough
1) #01 car (white)
4) I was there to make everyone else look good...and I accomplished that...  

4a) 81.25 - 72.70 seconds. I made everyone look even better, second to last slowest time... laugh.gif

4b) Thanks Demick for convincing me to participate. It was touch and go as my Friday's blown hose repair and cooling system purging was done by 7:10AM Saturday. Now I've got the bug to get my car more responsive and better equipped for next time. You need more straights! mad.gif
Dave_Darling
LOL! AutoX is not about the straights... Not unless you run with the Shelby club! wink.gif (Sorry, too long a story to get into...)

Car number: 195
Name: Dave Darling
Motor: Stock D-jet 2.0 liter (hard-compound street tires, very limited suspension mods, Bursch muffler, no other mods)
Times: Slowest ~1:02 ; fastest official run 1:00.3 ; fastest fun run 58.0
Comments: WHOOOOO!!! Felt good to run my own car. Felt even better to break a minute in the afternoon session.

Thanks to Demick and everyone else who helped with the event. Contrats to Nathan Breitling, who absolutely KICKED ASS his first autoX--came in 2nd in the "stock" class, and beat his instructor (me) by a full second in the official timed runs!! All you locals--keep an eye on him, he'll be working on class trophies shortly...4

--DD
Jenny
Car: #17 (silver)

Name: Jenny Shyu

engine: 2.0

Times: Morning~ 110.990; 114.890; 111.987; 110.681
Afternoon~ 106.320; 106.049; 105.590; 107.346; 106.685; 106.135

Comments: I wished we had done fun runs in the AM before the timed runs. I wasn't familliar with the course and kept getting lost in the sea of cones. That second run in the AM, they changed the exit gate and I was the first to run after the change. It threw me off and I tried to run off the course before it was over 'cause I got lost. biggrin.gif In the afternoon, I worked a corner and was able to see the back side of the course better (I kept getting lost there in the morning). I went out afterwards sans instructor, and pushed the little car a bit harder. I'm not sure if it was because I felt I wasn't endangering another person (Karen, my instructor), because I felt more confident, or if the course was finally warming up, I did great (by my own standards). I was able to shave 5 sec. off my best time in the morning.

Several people approached me in the morning asking if I'd AX'd before. I said no. They asked if I was getting into it. I replied that I was there because it was part of the WCC, but had no serious intentions of starting to AX. I was also smart enough to realise and tell them there's a good chance I'll get bitten by the bug after the day was thru though. Well, with the times I got in the afternoon funruns, and the fact that I was able to regain the confidence in my car...methinks I'll be at next weekend's AX. driving-girl.gif

A BIG thanks to Rob and Demick for putting this on. pray.gif I had SO MUCH FUN!! I can't wait to do this again!!

Jen
JeffBowlsby
I had SO MUCH FUN!! I can't wait to do this again!!

Hey Turbo Jeff....look at your lil sister now.... ohmy.gif
Britain Smith
1) the number of your car that you used today - #444
2) your name - Britain Smith
3) engine - 1.7L
4) slowest and fastest times - Fastest: 56.795 Slowest: over 2 mins (battery fell out of the holder and ripped the ground strap off...got it fixed and back out without missing a run)
5) No sway Bars

IPB Image
rick 918-S
1) the number of your car that you used today - #59
2) your name - Rick Ollah (rich 918-S)
3) engine - 4.7L 928 V8
4) I proved I'm not easily embaressed. 1 DNF solo, 1.10 or something and a DNF with an instructor..... confused24.gif The course was really cool! thanks, Demick and Rob!

BTW: Thanks to Mark for the loan of the battery hold down! smilie_pokal.gif I.O.U. a big burger!
krk
1) the number of your car that you used today

2) your name

Kim.

3) engine

2.0 /6

4) slowest and fastest times (optional)

1.05.xx, 4 @ 1.03.xx, 3@1.01 and one spectacular DNF. 9 dead cones, and 1 in a coma, and 3 expected to make partial recoveries.

4) additional coments

Howard Yao was my instructor. He was awesome. Just awesome. I gave him my car for one run and just rode and watched him run the course -- steer/gas/brake/etc. That one lap changed my approach in *so* many ways and would not have been possible without watching him drive. The next several laps, he got to holler at me about gas/brake/steer/let-off points. Ok. Mostly it was GAS, MORE GAS, KEEP ON IT, USE THE FULL WIDTH OF THE COURSE, MORE GAS, etc. laugh.gif

But really, it was my first AX. I was on street tires and they howled and shreek'd most of the time. Not being used to that, I would not have pushed that hard if he hadn't done the demo round.

He also told me to take out some cones and spin at least once. I know I made him proud! (The spin was a magnificent one, and many cones sacrificed themselves in the line of duty. The course workers all hate me now, as I am officially a "make work project" -- heh)

He also spent time with me after the run doing a tire inspection -- looking to see if the wear was where it should be, and making suggestions for inflation changes to make it "so".

The AX was a great idea for the event. The course was very interesting and impossible (at my level) to master and get bored, so I could have run over and over and over again. And I think that next time, some of the folks that may have hesitated at coming out will show up to find out a bit abotu the limits of their machines. It was really an excellent day!

['Course, my car is unhappy -- I'm guessing I stirred up long dormant stuff in the gas tank with my end swapping maneuvers -- mains are fine, but the idles are way off. I cleaned the idles out this morning at 6am (yeh, sucking gas in the morning makes me happy), cleaning off obvious bits off two of the jets -- it ran better but not "right" -- still backfiring/etc -- so I left her home for the show today and took the tail dragger. Tomorrow I have to figure out what to clean to make it right, and then I have to figure out how that crap got through the fuel filter. And then it may be time to pull the gas tank for a cleaning.... The battery hold down didn't hold either -- 'nother thing to fix.]

kim.
neo914-6
kim.,
Nice to meet and work with you out on the course. We learn fast. You had an active spot at the sweeping turn and sharp corner.
Working the slalom kept me busy where cones were bounced like pin balls. There was one that flipped up and dropped right back on the box! just kidding..

I DNF'd off the course loop on my last run. It should have been my fastest time. Almost took out a course worker too...sorry!
Felix
krk
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Jun 6 2004, 10:54 PM)
kim.,
Nice to meet and work with you out on the course. We learn fast. You had an active spot at the sweeping turn and sharp corner.
Working the slalom kept me busy where cones were bounced like pin balls. There was one that flipped up and dropped right back on the box! just kidding..

I DNF'd off the course loop on my last run. It should have been my fastest time. Almost took out a course worker too...sorry!
Felix

Hey Felix,

It was great to meet you too! And, yeh -- all of a sudden, we are the first professional flag workers of the day. laugh.gif It did work out alright though -- we got a chance to watch at least a portion of the course before we had to drive it!

The AX course is a much better place to DNF than any other place I can think of ... laugh.gif

kim.
boxstr
#19,75 914-6 3.0 GT flared car. Craig C. Laughlin 1.02 fastest for me.
CCLINIDME
Jenny
Craig, you have to attend more Cali events. I really wanted a chance to shoot the shit with you, but alas, it was a busy weekend. Portland next year?? driving-girl.gif

Jen
Carl
1) the number of your car that you used today - #11
2) your name - Carl Cilker
3) engine - 2.0L 914/6
4) First run: 1.04.04, best run: 0.59.17

I also had problems getting lost in the cones. Maybe it was the elevation of the series of cones after the big sweeper in the back that was confusing but every time it took a while before the "Oh, yeah, there it is!" moment happened.

It's funny how the times go. Each run got better until I was very close to 1.00.00. For a time, that one minute barrier just wouldn't fall. Then, all at once, nearly a full second goes away. Go figure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.