Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Reflectors...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MadeRight
I am considering putting a rear 'PORSCHE' reflector on my 914 and am curious to know if any place sells them - if so, who is doing them right, who should I steer clear of, etc.

If you just use a 911 refelector, what year would you salvage one from?

I am looking to do this on a 74 914.

Thanks,
Andrew
Aaron Cox
yarg..... dont put holes in your rear panel sad.gif

i will not tell you how to deface the rear end of the 914 LOL biggrin.gif

ok, ok, im a jerk.
one company made them pre cut and special 914 version. 74- ? 911's would work. there are "ghost script" and black script available...
MadeRight
Well, I like the classic look, but since this beast got hit the ass a while back, it's going to look a bit rough back there. I am thinking that a nice looking reflector might help cover up some of the dings from the accident.
Aaron Cox
its called body work mate!

thats like putting a band-aid on a broken leg.
Joe Bob
Fix it right......no reflector.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ Jun 5 2004, 08:56 PM)

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Jun 5 2004, 08:56 PM)

or ...

you could cut off the studs and just glue it on with double-sided tape for now.
wink.gif Andy
tod914
Save yourself a few bucks.... fill it in with woodputty and carve "PORSCHE" in it. I think AutoAtalanta was selling a broken one not too long ago. Check with them, maybe they still have it.
John2kx
I found mine on ebay for about $75. You'll find cut down 911 reflectors or the ones specifically made for the 914. Mine is cut down but looks very good installed.

As you can see, some people hate them.........guess it's all depends on what you want.

John
Mark Henry
Do what you want, it's your ride.

Some guys like them, some hate them. My 914 had one on it when I bought it and I like it, I think they look plain jane without them.

The 914 one's are darker and a bit harder to see the "porsche" or you can cut down the 911 ghost or regular reflector.
jim912928
Personally I like the look and am putting one on my car. I found one of the units made for a 914 on ebay. They come up time to time on there so keep your eyes open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.