Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exciting return from WCC AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I was unfortunate enough to get a flat tire on the Bay Bridge coming home today.
Luckily, I was in the fast lane.
Luckily, the flat was on the drivers side.
Luckily, I had almost every tool I own in the trunk, including a small floor jack.
Unluckily, I have Fuchs and my spare is a steel wheel. (Incompatible lug bolts)
Unluckily, my spare was flat as well.

So I put my spare on since at least it still had some rubber on it and SLOWLY drove my wheel clanking, flat tire self off the bridge and over onto the shoulder. As I get on the phone to call for help from an hour away (not looking forward to that wait) I see a Willow green 914 passing by. He pulls over and procedes to drive me all over Oakland looking for a tire place and then brings me back to my car with a new tire. He didn't know anything about the 914 Club, but he went out of his way to help me out BIG TIME! So thanks Mr. Willow Green 914. It's amazing what people will do for each other. I'd like to think I'd do the same for my fellow teeners.
SirAndy
whohoo, thank you Mr. Green! smilie_pokal.gif
wheelo
Great Story ! I dedicate this-one to the "Gipper"... Integrity and Pride ... Mr. Ronald Regan... RIP ...
flag.gif
Bruce Allert
....and you din't even get his name......
wassupwitdat? slap.gif

Mind set must'a been get'n to the WCC, eh? MDB2.gif

Understandable. Did ya find out anyting 'bout his car? chatsmiley.gif

.........b
grayson
I saw a yellow 914 pulled off the side of 101 by redwood shores the other week and I wanted to help him out so bad (at least with my cell phone) but I was in the far left lane and by the time it registered I should help I was long gone. Wherever you are sir, I hope you made it.
rick 918-S
Mark, One good turn deserves another. I want everyone to know Mark lent me his battery hold down at the AX that same day. I'm so glad things worked out in your favor. Thanks Mr. Willow Green for taking care of my friend. clap56.gif
ChrisReale
Shit guys, I had a situation as well. My car was having issues at midnight before the AX. I gave up and attacked the next mornng. Got it running, and made it to the AX right as everything was over. So, I head out, and my car dies on Bayshore in San Francisco (read:Ghetto). Fuel pump is not working and Pertronix gives up the ghost. So, as I am looking at the motor like a dummy, a nice 914-6 2.5 pull up, owned by a fellow from Monterey. He gives me aride back to the AX, but everyone is gone. I finally get ahold Of Brad, and he gets me in touch with RichardL. Richard just got his car off the trailer in San Carlos, and graciously agrees to drive 25 miles up 101 to get my POS on his trailer so I can get it back to Redwood City where my Camery (read:130,000 miles and no problems whatsoever) is. It would have cost me over $300 to have the 914 flatbedded to Redwood City from San Francisco. Cheers to those who helped, the next round is on me beerchug.gif This whole situation sucked, but it really made me feel good to be a member of this group and know that I can count on people to help out when in need. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.