Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914guy
I've been making some serious headway on the car, and I am planning on putting the motor back into the car this weekend aktion035.gif I just figured I would put some pictures out there, and see if you guys had any comments or ideas that I should look into before pulling the whole thing back together!

Thanks,
~Eric

Before:
IPB Image

After:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
SirAndy
damm, now i HAVE TO repaint those intakes on mine mad.gif
Lawrence
Nice work, Eric.

VERY nice work.

-Rusty
Gint
You've been busy...

Looks good. Time for a... beer.gif
seanery
Damn, LOOKS NICE!!! clap56.gif clap56.gif
Jeff Krieger
If anyone can make a large poster of a shiny new 2.0 motor, I'd definitely be interested in buying one.
jtf914
Nice job Eric!!! I bet you can't wait to hear it screaming behind your head. Maybe I'll catch up with you at one of the NoVA events this year.
RustyWa
Scan out of a '75 brochure...
anthony
Does anyone stock those red and green vacuum hoses?

What grey paint would one use to repaint the intake runners if they wanted that concours weenie look?
914guy
I got my hose kit on e-bay from Auto Atlanta for $50, (http://www.autoatlanta.com) everything was the same color, size, and shape of the hose that I removed. It was an awesome value, allthough the diagram that they included to show what hooked up where was piss poor to say the least confused24.gif.

~Eric
JeffBowlsby
Superb Job Eric! Very nicely detailed.

I know this wreaks with self-interest, but you should really do something with the FI harness....maybe the others too if they are brittle...

The exposed wires will harden from the engine heat, crack open and fail. Got heat shrink tube?
philinjax
Beautiful looking job, Eric,

Phil
914guy
Thanks for the great words everyone!! It makes me feel even better about putting the engine back in the car and getting on the road!

I am going to take care of the loose wires at the top of the harness, I pulled about 3 inches of the original wrap off so that I could see what the condition of the wires were (It sounded like wired could have been cracking when I removed it), but I learned that everything was tip top under the insulation. I was going to use the shrink wrap that you can buy at any electronics supply store, unless anyone knows of a better product for that kind of job?

~Eric
anthony
Anyone know of a place that just sells the red & green hose? $50 is a little steep for me right for a whole kit.

JADP, I paid about $15 for all new hose black at my local aircooled VW shop.
ChrisReale
RustyWA, and anyone else

that 75 scan has a ballast resistor that was supposed to only be on the 73 2.0L. Anyone have any idea....? Are you sure thats a 75? Im not trying to doubt you, just wondering whats up>
Mike D.
I think Chris is right. The engine in the '75 brochure is a '73 engine. Porsche Advertising probably just reused a picture from their library.

Look at the throttle body. There are two vacuum hose going to the dizzy from the throttle body. '73 was the last year for this. Also no air injection.

-Mike D.
TravisNeff
And it doesn't have the supplemental throttle return spring
RustyWa
I've seen a couple of brochures and it seems that they rehash photos. Compared to brochures now a days......hell, what am I talking about, there is no comparison.
Pnambic
Wow, almost seems a shame to put that piece of art back in the car where it's harder to see. Beautiful work. clap56.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Pnambic @ Apr 18 2003, 08:47 PM)
Wow, almost seems a shame to put that piece of art back in the car where it's harder to see. Beautiful work. clap56.gif

Watch e-bay for one of those rare "Saratoga" lexan engine lids. tongue.gif
Beautiful job, Eric!!
Brad Roberts
Anthony..

I know you dont like him.. but he has all the colors (HPH, Bontempi)

B
anthony
Who said I didn't like Rich? I've had nothing but positive experiences there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.