Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screw the Miatas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
Anybody that runs a 914 in stock class at SCCA events knows what a pain it is dealing with the pesky Miatas that are prevalent in the class. Last week, I took second in my class. I lost to a Miata by .054 seconds.

This week, I got my revenge. I took first in my class. I beat the same Miata and driver that I lost to last week. My margin of vistory was .7 seconds. Ahhh...the victory tasted so sweet. smilie_pokal.gif

I just had to share. My wife wasn't too impressed.
seanery
just wait, they have a new weapon. Mazdasports has a turbo miata for under $30k.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Jun 6 2004, 04:48 PM)
Anybody the runs a 914 in stock class at SCCA events knows what a pain it is dealing with the pesky Miatas....

This week, I got my revenge. I took first in my class. I beat the same Miata and driver that I lost to last week. My margin of vistory was .7 seconds. Ahhh...the victory tasted so sweet.  

Congrats Paul! I feel your pain & your joy - as I also run against a slew of Miatas in CSP. There are 5 Miatas in my class and the top 4 of us run within .5 seconds of one another. wacko.gif

I lost against two of them at our first event, but after a final suspension adjustment on my car (250# rear springs), I've managed 1st place our last two events.

We need a t-shirt with a 914 logo on the front and on the back have it read: "NOT Driving a Miata". laugh.gif

Sean, the turbo Miatas will most likely run in either A or B stock since the SCCA averages out performance results for classifying various models of cars.

Keep up the good work!
jandro62
Its really funny. All the girls that I know think that the Miata is NOT a masculine car, but they think the 914 is hot. In short, cool to drive the 914, not so cool to be a dude driving a Miata. (Yeah, I'll give it to them, they are fun to drive, etc.)
tod914
Nice job Paul! You want a beer to wash down all that rice you had to eat.
GaroldShaffer
This week, I got my revenge. I took first in my class. I beat the same Miata and driver that I lost to last week.
smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif beer.gif
Great Job Paul!

I'm new to AXing, I run in CSP and there are 4 Miata's in this class. They placed 1 - 4 with me in 5th. The slowest beat me by .52, top by .98. I'm the ONLY 914 in my region and one of 4 Porsche's. The slowest Miata driver told me that I can't beat him, if I do they will take away his Miata club card laugh.gif

- Garold #70 CSP
East coaster
I'm doubly impressed if you did it on my old tires!!!

Congrats on whipping the Miatas!

My first auto cross I lucked out and took first just ahead of a Miata.
Eric_Shea
My wife wasn't too impressed.

Get a good attorney now! w00t.gif

Congrats smilie_pokal.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jun 6 2004, 09:44 PM)
I'm doubly impressed if you did it on my old tires!!!

IPB Image
Yea, it's kinda like ice skating. Less surface area = less friction = go faster. laugh.gif

Garold,
Keep at it. You'll start gunning them down one at a time. Make sure that they surrender their Miata club membership cards to you. Now, those would make nice trophys. smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
Paul,
should we design a miata sticker to put on the front fenders like the WWII pilots did with german fighters?
GaroldShaffer
chairfall.gif Now that would be funny

- Garold #70 CSP
drew365
You mean kind of like this. Actually there's not a Miata in the group, but the same idea. Keep up the good work Paul. You need a Miata fly swatter to hang in the pits.
joea9146
Good Job... Beat them Down... smash.gif
3d914
Congrats Paul!

I suggest a new license plate: IETMIATA

Enjoy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.