Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 years later......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CrashDown
And she's Just about done!

Some of you have see the earlier pics of the car at the club site, some have seen it at the Parts Heaven show/swap meet. And after Blowing the carbs out and washing the rings, rebuilding the motor and throin it back together again. She's finally presentable. here's my 70' pepper while 2.2l....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

thanks for lookin, comment all ya like and i can answer any question you guys might have.

-Matt
CrashDown
Thanks dude... It helps when ya work in the autobody industry... Hahaha
Tom
Very nice looking car! Keep up the good work and drive that car!
Tom
CrashDown
QUOTE(Tom @ May 29 2011, 05:45 PM) *

Very nice looking car! Keep up the good work and drive that car!
Tom

thanks Tom, I plan to.

Had to track down a small oil leak. found it comming from the crackcase pushrod tube seal for Cylinder 1 intake valve. Pulled the tube, new o-rings and checked the valve clearance. Gonna be driving it all week as long as it doesn't rain....
Zimms
QUOTE(esses62 @ May 29 2011, 05:58 PM) *

nice job blending those bumpers makes all the difference in the world

agree.gif The work you put into the blending really stands out. I really like the blacked out rear as well. What kind of wheels are they? are they on spacers?

Mark
CrashDown
QUOTE(Zimms @ May 29 2011, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(esses62 @ May 29 2011, 05:58 PM) *

nice job blending those bumpers makes all the difference in the world

agree.gif The work you put into the blending really stands out. I really like the blacked out rear as well. What kind of wheels are they? are they on spacers?

Mark

thanks Mark!

yea the bumpers and wheels make the car i think.... And those bumpers were a bitch to mold and look good...lol. Lots of hours with the kitty hair, fiberglass mat and resin and bondo. But it turned out alright.

The wheels are Late 70's Jongbloed Race wheels made for the 914. They're manufactured out of Menlo Park in Cali I believe. From what the manufacturer has been able to tell me there might be only 1 or 2 sets left in the US. not sure if that's true or not, but I've never seen another set, and my family has been into 914 for 20 years. And no spacers on the car, 7" wheels with 205's all the way around. The fronts BARELY clear at full lock....
clow
It looks great! I really like the blend as well. I regret not doing it.

What kinda decal is that on the bottom of the door. Did you have it made or ordered from somewhere?
rick 918-S
drooley.gif
CrashDown
QUOTE(clow @ May 29 2011, 07:30 PM) *

It looks great! I really like the blend as well. I regret not doing it.

What kinda decal is that on the bottom of the door. Did you have it made or ordered from somewhere?

Thanks man, that seems to be the concensus on these bumpers from people. The color helps to, keeps everything neutral, doesn't highlight stuff.

The vinyl is from a guy in new zealand who sells them on ebay. You can get them in all sorts of colors. But his come with a small stripe above and below the stripes i did on mine. I just choose to leave them out... it looked to busy with the upper and lower ones.

here's his ebay page. he ships pretty damn fast too....

http://myworld.ebay.com/autosport_decals

-Matt
CrashDown
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 29 2011, 07:35 PM) *

drooley.gif

lol...
clow
Did you use a stock license plate light for the rear? How did you mount it?
I just forgot that I need one for the safety this week slap.gif
CrashDown
QUOTE(clow @ May 30 2011, 07:45 PM) *

Did you use a stock license plate light for the rear? How did you mount it?
I just forgot that I need one for the safety this week slap.gif

I ordered it through WorldPack which is a parts supplier for my shop, and according to them, it's a stock licence plate light. All i did was center it above the license plate. Your going to need to drill 3 holes. 2 of them are the holes for the screws to hold it onto the bumper, and a big one in the center for the bulb and wire. It's gonna be a hell of alot easier for you because your rear bumper is removeable. Don't ask me how i did mine, i was high on Jolt soda, no sleep, and a 10hour work day...hahaha.

If you have problems getting a lamp shoot me a private message, I might be able to help ya out.

-Matt
nsr-jamie
That is one nice looking car and I love the wheels. Also excellent pictures as well. My favorite is the first one. That will make a nice wallpaper on my computer. Congrats on the 6 years and hard work. It looks to be well worth it.

Cheers beerchug.gif
skota
Wowza! super hot, love the wheels, what are they?
CrashDown
QUOTE(skota @ May 31 2011, 08:54 AM) *

Wowza! super hot, love the wheels, what are they?

Their circa 1970s' jongbloed 914 racecar wheels... Hence the missing centercaps. Haha
Zimms
I really like this thread. Your photos look great.
hydroliftin
Looks like a contender for "car of the month"
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Jun 1 2011, 11:53 PM) *

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
CrashDown
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Jun 1 2011, 07:53 AM) *

As long as Exterior pics are used.... SWEET! the interior and underbody need a little more work... haha.
CrashDown
So i've been driving the thing everyday sence Sunday. On my way home today, a painters bucket falls off a pickup 2 cars ahead of me. The handle put a good 1 inch scratch in the sail panel..... and nowhere else. The 914 gods were watching out for me. I'll be fixin the scratch on lunch break tomorrow.

I'll post pics of the repair if you guys are interested...lol

And hey, on a side note, any of you guys in the bay area willing to come help me get my carbs sync'd up on saturday??? It's beyond me and I want this thing to run good for the sunday swap meet and show. I'll buy lunch, as long as a ton of people don't show up. PM me or post in this thread if your willing.

-Matt
shoguneagle
Sweet Ride!!! Your efforts show a great looking ride with very nice changes in the bumpers, rear lights, bumpers, paint, bumpers, etc. Those bumpers look great and draw attention to the total car.

Steve Hurt
TargaToy
I am SO curious to know what your car would look like with white rockers. Did you consider that scheme? Just curious because I think it would tie in with the extra amount of white you have on both ends due to the 916 bumpers.

So sorry about the mishap on the road!

CrashDown
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jun 2 2011, 06:44 PM) *

I am SO curious to know what your car would look like with white rockers. Did you consider that scheme? Just curious because I think it would tie in with the extra amount of white you have on both ends due to the 916 bumpers.

So sorry about the mishap on the road!

Ya know I did a photoshop of them in white before I shot the car, and it made it look alot highr off the ground then it really is. I've been kicking around an idea of doing a black lip around the bottom of the rear bumper. But it's gonna stay like it is for now untill the trunks, underbody, suspension and shifter are finished.

And yea, sucks that the teener had to get hit by a damn bucket, but i got her all patched up, cant tell anything happened.
bam914
Car looks great. Did you get those wheels from me? The look good on your car.
CrashDown
QUOTE(bam914 @ Jun 3 2011, 07:31 PM) *

Car looks great. Did you get those wheels from me? The look good on your car.

Yup, you are the guy who completed my car...lol Thanks for sellin them to me man!!!
bam914
Glad I could help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.