Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Spoilers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
Hey guys,

Who has a rear spoiler mounted to their teener? I'd like to see some pictures. I'd also like to know the proper position for the "duck tail" spoiler; I've seen it mounted in various positions on the rear deck lid.

Thanks all! wavey.gif
Joe Ricard
Getting ready to. Actually gave the 1st crack at it to the guys in Washington state but they chickened out. Rear lid has holes in it from a luggage rack anyway. So how bad can you screw up putting a fiberglass duck tail on. Don't know but I will find out. When funds become excessive I am getting front and rear fiberglass lids. slap.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(STL914 @ Jun 6 2004, 07:31 PM)
Who has a rear spoiler mounted to their teener? I'd like to see some pictures.

we just had a thread about this like 2 weeks ago.
do a search on the board, you should be able to dig it up.

it had lots of good pictures ...
driving.gif Andy
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(STL914 @ Jun 6 2004, 08:31 PM)
Hey guys,

Who has a rear spoiler mounted to their teener? I'd like to see some pictures. I'd also like to know the proper position for the "duck tail" spoiler; I've seen it mounted in various positions on the rear deck lid.

Thanks all! wavey.gif

Gary,
I'm going in a different direction, but I have a pic for you. I removed my spoiler today.

Weight: 2.8 pounds.
10 pound weight savings = 1 HP.
I just picked up .3 HP. laugh.gif

Although once I account for the weight of "leading in" the holes... unsure.gif

Oh well.
SpecialK
I think that they referred to this car as "The Frog", not sure if it's owner (mudfoot) still visits the BBS, but I do like the way it looks in the pic. I'd have to see one in person before I'd go spending the HEC on one.
neo914-6
Here's my AA spoiler...It's not as curved as the previously posted spoiler.
Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.