Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Father-son autox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
carreraguy
I ran in the WCC autox for the first time in my 914 yesterday; had a great time. My son drove in the adjacent PCA autox track using his MR-2 Spyder against the assembled P-cars. He did pretty well for himself; the high point was getting one of the fastest times in his group and beating the GT-3. Now I have to myself and the 914 ready for some more PCA autox for sure!

I thought the pic attached was somewhat appropo of a new father-son interest and sort of generational statement re: mid-engined cars in general.

Kind of brings up the question: at the same relative price point, what is the modern day mid-engined successor to the 914? IMHO, I think it is definitely the MR-2 Spyder.
J P Stein
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jun 6 2004, 06:56 PM)

Kind of brings up the question: at the same relative price point, what is the modern day mid-engined successor to the 914? IMHO, I think it is definitely the MR-2 Spyder.

I concur......the new gen Mr.2 has just the right amount of ugly. biggrin.gif
Jenny
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 6 2004, 08:12 PM)
I concur......the new gen Mr.2 has just the right amount of ugly. biggrin.gif

lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif

Jeff still has his 2nd gen. MR2, and Brian had one before he got the Subie. I like those best. You can fit more than just a helmet in the front trunk.

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.