Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crayford Special RHD 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
There is a right hand drive (RHD) 914 on ebay currently. Auction states one of only 12 RHD 914 made. Anyone here know more about these 914's?
I know nothing about this car or auction...yada yada..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...2481381949&rd=1
SirAndy
schweet!
even the backpad is a mirror of the original!

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Chris H.
That is way cool. How about those rims?
GaroldShaffer
I was wondering about those also.
thesey914
Even the handbrake has been notched
IPB Image
The current highest bidder has a Crayford already. They have mythical status over here in the UK.
Rusty
I've always wanted a RHD 914. Maybe someday.

Damn, that's so sexy... even all torn apart.

-Rusty smoke.gif
tat2dphreak
that's pretty damn cool!

is the side-shifter original? or was it converted? looks like a pretty solid car too...
GaroldShaffer
Should we take a collection and buy it for the club? We could store it at my house cool_shades.gif

Would be cool to see it with the 04 car.

- Garold #70 CSP

PS. Just for the record I seriously had a long talk with the wife about this car. So far its a no go but I have time unless someone buys it with the buy now option.
Anyone ship a car from England to the US before?
URY914
So in a RHD car you can hear the rust forming in the battery tray.

Nice touch.

Paul
Chris H.
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jun 7 2004, 08:28 AM)
Should we take a collection and buy it for the club? We could store it at my house cool_shades.gif

Would be cool to see it with the 04 car.

- Garold #70 CSP

PS. Just for the record I seriously had a long talk with the wife about this car. So far its a no go but I have time unless someone buys it with the buy now option.
Anyone ship a car from England to the US before?

There was prior discussion on this with that Can Am car Bowlsby was hot after (and a lot of the rest of us too). You have to be sure to classify the car correctly so that it does not have to comply with EPA regulations. Otherwise you might never see it. I think there was a loophole that allowed it to be classified as a racer, museum car, or something like that. Or just ship it to GWN 7 in Canada.
ninefourteener
Is that true? That there were only 12 made?

If so.... I would think this would be a LOT more $$$$... even in the condition it's in.

No???
JeffBowlsby
There were very few made because of the extraordinary cost for the conversion, I am sure there were more than 12 though. There is an article somewhere that says how many were made. 25? 30? Seems to me it was the equivalent of about $1700 USD for the conversion...on a $4000 car, so we understand why not many were done

I recall reading that there were two that went to Australia FWIW and one of our members in Australia has one...with photos posted.

Also, I would look into the importing protocols if any US bidder wants to bring it over. Maybe it can be shipped over in a container and listed only as...'automotive parts'?

I spoke with a couple of importers and they both told me that the car has to be running, then the do a full federalization on it...($3-4K) before making it legit here. I dont know how they would deal with a parts car...or just parts... idea.gif

Via Canada might also make sense....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.