Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914 2.0 Takes Her FIRST Trophy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJ914Guy
Well, after countless hours of restoration and fine detail work, the old girl took her first 'official' trophy today at the 7th Annual Spring into Summer Car Show at The Promenade in Marlton NJ. It was a tight class (Pre 1980 Euro Imports), and the competition was tough, but the Nepal Orange 914 was loved by the judges. First place went to a very nice 1969 Triumph TR6 Roadster. The 914 took a very close 2nd. Third went to a replica VW Beetle modeled after the famous #53 Herbie Bug. That bug has hundreds of show wins, and the owner was not happy that the 914 edged him out today!

Dozens of folks stopped by to visit and chat. Many were owners of newer Porsches or folks who remembered the 914 when introduced back in the 1970's. The general message from the judges and crowd was that it was nice to see a solid example still on the road, and that it was refreshing to see something other than Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes at the show.

Below is a pic of her with the trophy gently displayed on top of the targa roof.

While it was nice to win, the best part of the day was the great drive to and from the show in the 85 degree summer weather!

IPB Image

CrashDown
Got yourself a beauty there dude.... Congrats!
saigon71
Sweet looking car! Congrats! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(NJ914Guy @ May 29 2011, 10:16 PM) *
Below is a pic of her with the trophy gently displayed on top of the targa roof.

smilie_pokal.gif

Now all that's left to do is to fix those upside-down turn signal lenses ...
biggrin.gif
abnrdo
Way to go!!! w00t.gif
Michael N
You would have taken 1st if the judges thought you could fit a bigger trophy in your car. biggrin.gif

Your 914 is looking great!
914 shifter
cheer.gif awesome
GaroldShaffer
aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif first.gif
mepstein
Great looking car. I usually see that show but missed it this year. Just a couple miles away from my fathers house. There used to be quite a few teeners driving around south jersey.
jzdu
Beautiful car. Love that color.
McMark
Awesome! boldblue.gif
Krieger
Good job, thats a lot of work.
Tom_T
Nice work! smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot Cannon
Congrats. Nicely done. smilie_pokal.gif
CrashDown
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 30 2011, 03:26 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif

you sir..... have eyes like an eagle....lol
tod914
Way to go! Your car looks spotless. smilie_pokal.gif
NJ914Guy
Thanks for all of the kind words guys! Now, can someone point me in the right direction on the turn signal lenses. Which we do I need to flip them?

SirAndy
QUOTE(NJ914Guy @ May 30 2011, 06:26 PM) *
Thanks for all of the kind words guys! Now, can someone point me in the right direction on the turn signal lenses. Which we do I need to flip them?

They are just upside down. There's a horizontal line about 1/3 up on the lense which is supposed to be on the down side.
Yours are mounted with the line on the up side.

They should be mounted like in the picture below. The all amber lenses like yours still have the dividing line for the parking light bulb section on the bottom.

bye1.gif

IPB Image
Valy

smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif

And the side markers are mounted upside down or left<-->right too.
beerchug.gif
pdlightning
Very NICE!

My favorite color also!
PanelBilly
Too sweet
914dave
Congratulations, the car looks outstanding.
schreiber
Congratulations on the win! She's a beauty!
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Valy @ May 30 2011, 06:15 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif

And the side markers are mounted upside down or left<-->right too.
beerchug.gif

Good catch.

Great looking car though...congrats on the trophy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.