Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grommets, Grommets, Grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
idea.gif I am restoring the '72 after 33 years of ownership and 14 months in paint shop and the most frustrating thing so far is sourcing grommets...

Has anyone been there done that and has a list of grommets, part numbers and where to get them.

I spent an hour yesterday tryingt to find the correct grommet for the fog light entrance wiring grommet....

This car is being put back together to near concours and I want it as correct as possible.

Hmmm - maybe there is a thread in the CW section - idea.gif
914four
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 30 2011, 09:01 AM) *

idea.gif I am restoring the '72 after 33 years of ownership and 14 months in paint shop and the most frustrating thing so far is sourcing grommets...

Has anyone been there done that and has a list of grommets, part numbers and where to get them.

I spent an hour yesterday tryingt to find the correct grommet for the fog light entrance wiring grommet....

This car is being put back together to near concours and I want it as correct as possible.

Hmmm - maybe there is a thread in the CW section - idea.gif

I give George at Auto Atlanta a call and give vague description of small parts and he always sends exactly what I need.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(PH1 @ May 30 2011, 09:20 AM) *

I give George at Auto Atlanta a call and give vague description of small parts and he always sends exactly what I need.

Thanks!

Yep - the list is simple - every grommet nose to tail.

If a wire goes through it I need it. I tried to reuse some I removed during teardown - but they look really bad on a new paint job...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 30 2011, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(PH1 @ May 30 2011, 09:20 AM) *

Thanks!

Yep - the list is simple - every grommet nose to tail.

If a wire goes through it I need it. I tried to reuse some I removed during teardown - but they look really bad on a new paint job...

Isn't that the way things go? dry.gif Talk to Mark Whitsell. If he will produce them, we'll buy em. I have at least 2 cars I would like to install new grommets.

Also, I need the grommets that the rain tray drain tubes pass through. The ones in the engine shelf.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 30 2011, 10:02 PM) *

Isn't that the way things go? dry.gif Talk to Mark Whitsell. If he will produce them, we'll buy em. I have at least 2 cars I would like to install new grommets.

Also, I need the grommets that the rain tray drain tubes pass through. The ones in the engine shelf.

Yep - there are more than just wire grommets. There are all those firewall grommets for hoses - the rain tubes in the engine compartment and gas lines/- boots everywhere...

I think my dreams of a correct car are fading.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.