Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Save the date! The June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is June 18th, 9am to Noonish. Family Donuts and Deli at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue in Carmichael, CA. Come on down and show off your newly built Disco Bay Transmission and make your plans to caravan to Medford! One is the weekend before, the other less than a week after! See you there!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Looks like there is a Mather Autocross the next day so make your plans to come down and we will all go over the next day and attack the cones! The June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is coming up!
Andyrew
I might go to this! With the 914 running and me sorting through the issues, I actually might go!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 1 2011, 07:19 AM) *

I might go to this! With the 914 running and me sorting through the issues, I actually might go!

Super Andy! Bring Jerika!
Dirty Evo
i just MIGHT make it this time, especially if I have my "new" 914......
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

It's National Doughnut day! But don't go yet! Save your appetite for the June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! June 18th! See you there!
ConeDodger

Less than two weeks to go! The June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is coming up... Shine 'em up! The rain should finally be gone right??? blink.gif
Bee Jay
Hey, I have to be in Sacramento that weekend, Father's Day weekend. More details please, where exactly and when.
Bee Jay
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Bee Jay @ Jun 5 2011, 06:32 AM) *

Hey, I have to be in Sacramento that weekend, Father's Day weekend. More details please, where exactly and when.
Bee Jay

The event is held at Family Donuts and Deli 9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. which is at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue in Carmichael. Carmichael is an Eastern suburb of Sacramento. Event starts at 9am but people drift in and out all morning. We are usually out of there by Noon but there have been instances of 2PM departures... We are a small but dedicated group of guys who get together monthly.
Bee Jay
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 5 2011, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Bee Jay @ Jun 5 2011, 06:32 AM) *

Bee Jay

The event is held at Family Donuts and Deli 9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. which is at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue in Carmichael. Carmichael is an Eastern suburb of Sacramento. Event starts at 9am but people drift in and out all morning. We are usually out of there by Noon but there have been instances of 2PM departures... We are a small but dedicated group of guys who get together monthly.

OK, got it. June 18th at Donuts and Deli. I'll try to be there.
Bee Jay
jeeperjohn56
Rob, I'll be coming this time, and I'll see if Lennie, and Jeff will come too. John driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jun 6 2011, 11:01 AM) *

Rob, I'll be coming this time, and I'll see if Lennie, and Jeff will come too. John driving.gif

Very cool!!!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

The San Joaquin guys with their new transmissions will be haulin' ass on the River Road! Don't miss the June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! It's the place to be!
Justinp71
Sounds like this is shaping up to be the big summer meet like we had last year with 10 cars... I believe I will be there as well.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jun 8 2011, 02:30 PM) *

Sounds like this is shaping up to be the big summer meet like we had last year with 10 cars... I believe I will be there as well.

You've missed a few Justin... With the Z cars, we had one with 22 cars last year. Glad you're coming!
ConeDodger

Just a week and a day till the June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Bring the family and have a donut! chowtime.gif
ConeDodger

One week warning! This time next week, we will be enjoying each other's company at the June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Be there or be out of the loop on WCR caravan plans. sad.gif
mtndawg
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 7 2011, 07:56 PM) *

The San Joaquin guys with their new transmissions will be haulin' ass on the River Road! Don't miss the June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! It's the place to be!

That looks like my yellow car in one of the pictures above!...well I sold it to a VW guy and now I have the 911. I'll probably show up with the blue car, don't worry I replaced the bungee cord with duct tape.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Jun 11 2011, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 7 2011, 07:56 PM) *

That looks like my yellow car in one of the pictures above!...well I sold it to a VW guy and now I have the 911. I'll probably show up with the blue car, don't worry I replaced the bungee cord with duct tape.

It will be great to have you there, even with bungee cords and duct tape!
jt914-6
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ Jun 1 2011, 08:51 PM) *

i just MIGHT make it this time, especially if I have my "new" 914......

OK Steve.....the deliverly truck driver call me and said he had delivered your "new" 914 and you were warming it up....so....looks like you CAN make it..take lots of pics...piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger

Come on down! By popular demand, I will bring some 914World Beer Mugs to the June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. $20 and you can take one home! See you Saturday!
ConeDodger

Two days and a wake up till the June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! We're so short we can dangle our feet off a dime! Get 'em ready guys!
ConeDodger

Hey! What are you doing in the morning? Of course! The June Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! See you there...
Bee Jay
I can't get there till noon, so nobody leave, please.

Bee Jay
Dirty Evo
well crap, my kids have swimming lessons at 10am... 2 hours. and yeah, i need to be there. that sucks.

NEXT TIME... I am going to make it NEXT TIME.
biosurfer1
I'm up and will start warming up the car....bring me a mug!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jun 18 2011, 07:12 AM) *

I'm up and will start warming up the car....bring me a mug!

I am actually bringing more than a dozen in case other people want one...
gopack
Good turnout today. we had silver, alaska blue, signal orange, black and ravena green. A random 914 guy drove by, saw the cars and circled back to join us in his nice 72 six conversion! It was nice to meet you Gary! fun and donuts were had by all! we even had a woman there ( my wife)! the only rule when the ladies are there, is we don't talk money!!!!
see you all next month!
ConeDodger
We did it! Filled in the front of the building with Porsches. Nice job guys! Great event!
gopack
I was wondering when you would post the pics! looks like a red one and a tail dragger arrived after we left too! All we were missing was a yellow and a white car!
JStroud
Sorry I missed it looks like a good turn out, 914 still sitting, IPB Motorsport got the IMS retrofit done on the boxster, was hoping to drive it up today, but family got in the way ended up driving to grass valley, then to capitola in the morning. At least the boxsters getting lots of miles. Hope to have the 914 running by next month, transmissions done, motor is back from machine shop. Now just need time to put it all together. Rob I might need a couple of mugs, hope you didn't sell them all.

Jeff beer3.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jsconst @ Jun 18 2011, 10:43 PM) *

Sorry I missed it looks like a good turn out, 914 still sitting, IPB Motorsport got the IMS retrofit done on the boxster, was hoping to drive it up today, but family got in the way ended up driving to grass valley, then to capitola in the morning. At least the boxsters getting lots of miles. Hope to have the 914 running by next month, transmissions done, motor is back from machine shop. Now just need time to put it all together. Rob I might need a couple of mugs, hope you didn't sell them all.

Jeff beer3.gif

Let me know what you need Jeff... Between me and Jim we probably have a car and a half...
Bee Jay
I got there about 12:30, and some of the guys had waited for me. Thanks guys, it was nice meeting all of you. I got a 914 World mug too.
Bee Jay
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
al weidman
Woulda had a yellow but I woke to a big surprise, three cylinders and sounds bad, I think I have a problem with no. 4, I'm now guessing a burnt valve or hole in the piston. The EGR plug was solid and the spark plug was in tight, bummer, bummer and no trip to Oregon. hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
strawman
QUOTE(al weidman @ Jun 19 2011, 10:29 PM) *

Woulda had a yellow but I woke to a big surprise, three cylinders and sounds bad, I think I have a problem with no. 4, I'm now guessing a burnt valve or hole in the piston. The EGR plug was solid and the spark plug was in tight, bummer, bummer and no trip to Oregon. hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif

Bummer Al! I was looking forward to hanging out with you again at WCR. Didja get one of the teeners up on that rotisserie yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.