Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you have a ubiquitous gas smell?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
After reading Vysoc's thread re: chasing a gas smell, I thought that I would offer up this solution to local teeners. I have a gas sniffer that will locate any combustible gas leak as small as 3 parts per million. Yes, it will pick up a fart so it can't be used at poke.gif Ron's shop. av-943.gif lol-2.gif It only takes seconds to locate a leak. I'm in the Temecula area. You could stop by most weekends or join us on a Dawn Patrol run and I'll bring it with.
SLITS
While I am in the mountains and you are in the flatlands, my flatus should reach you in far greater quantities than 3 ppm. icon8.gif

The AQMD has a special alert for me.
wertygrog
Mine stinks of gas on left hand turns when I have more than half a tank of gas. I think it's the gas cap gasket but I'm not sure...
mgphoto
I had the same problem, here is how I solved it.
Good luck Mike

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=117213&hl=
76-914
QUOTE(wertygrog @ May 30 2011, 07:06 PM) *

Mine stinks of gas on left hand turns when I have more than half a tank of gas. I think it's the gas cap gasket but I'm not sure...

PM me. I'll bring it to the Palomar run in June. Bring the car w < 1/2 tank. It's easier to find the source if the immediate area isn't saturated.
It works like this: we could probably trace poke.gif Ron all the way up the I 215 corridor clear to Kansas Street. But once we get to his shop we lose the trail because of the out gassing due to over saturation.
wertygrog
haha okay sounds groovy!!
Mike D.
My car smells of fumes so bad I have to change clothes after going for a drive!
Guess I should check into that.... dry.gif
jcambo7
Dr Evil is in So Cal now?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 30 2011, 09:26 PM) *

My car smells of fumes so bad I have to change clothes after going for a drive!
Guess I should check into that.... dry.gif

Be careful....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.