Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning Carburetors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fredcop
Okay guys (and gals?) I'm looking for input as to what would you recommend for cleaning my carburetors without rebuilding them? I am open to all recommendations...
McMark
None. Sorry. Open them up, clean with aerosol brake or carb cleaner and put new gaskets in, or don't bother.
Krieger
agree.gif or maybe you cold just get a can of gold spray paint and do an "aerosol overhall" idea.gif
fredcop
My trouble is, and the reason for this question, is that there are no rebuild kits available for my carburetors. There'll come a time when I'll just have to put out the money for a new set, but in the mean time, just trying to enjoy her...

Maybe there will be a TDI conversion in her future...(Baltimore to Daytona in one tank?)
McMark
Now we're curious what kind of carbs you have that are so rare. confused24.gif
fredcop
I'll have to try and upload pictures. They're Brazilian Webers, (so I'm told), dual progressive. The # on the tag is W-450051, marking on the carb bowl, WECARBRAS with the Weber"W" immediately below that. Car runs fantastic when all is well....
fredcop
Click to view attachment
fredcop
Click to view attachment
fredcop
Click to view attachment
fredcop
Click to view attachment
fredcop
Click to view attachment
fredcop
Do the photos help any?
fredcop
Anyone..?
yeahmag
Man... Never seen those berore. Try sending those pictures to Art Tharen at ACE:

http://www.aircooledengineering.com/
fredcop
Thank you, I'll contact him...
Downunderman
Strip them down and toss all the bits in the dishwasher when the wife's out.
fredcop
QUOTE(Downunderman @ Jun 12 2011, 08:47 PM) *

Strip them down and toss all the bits in the dishwasher when the wife's out.

wacko.gif Wouldn't be the first time I've done that... beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.