Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the price right?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jackwood
I just bought a 914 which is in need of an engine. I have been looking around and found a 1975 2.0 engine with the prefix of GC. This engine has been on its side in the weather for a number of years. It has 90% of everything the engine needs including the fuel injection system. It seems that the engine hasn't been worked on, and the owner states its the same way it was when he pulled it out of his car. He wants 450 dollars for it and I am wondering if thats a good price for it if it turns over?

Thanks, Jack
McMark
Seems a little high for a core, here on the west coast. But if the parts are good, you might come out okay. The 75 heads have smog ports and the heads have run hotter. It's gonna need $1k to $1.5k just in the heads before you even start rebuilding.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(McMark @ May 30 2011, 11:46 AM) *

Seems a little high for a core, here on the west coast. But if the parts are good, you might come out okay. The 75 heads have smog ports and the heads have run hotter. It's gonna need $1k to $1.5k just in the heads before you even start rebuilding.

I say no.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.