Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help please - fitting front anti sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ber914
I am trying to install a front anti sway bar - all 911 factory parts. Have fitted the cups and bushings onto the inner fenders using a Weltmeister plate on the inside. How do I now get the bar in through the bushings?? Was I supposed to put the bar in place first and then tighten up the cups - tried this but then could not get the bushings far enough into the cups to be able to bolt them up.

Robert
Eric_Shea
Bar first.
Bushings.
Caps.

Have the correct bolts and lubricate the bushings, inside and out so the caps will slip over them.

If you're still having problems then get longer bolts (3) and slowly crank them down. Once they're all fairly tight remove them one at a time and replace with the correct length bolt. Repeat on the other side.

Hope that helps.
Eric_Shea
I just realized something...

You may be trying to use "Weltmeister" bushings as well. The factory bushings are split. Weltmeister bushings do not come pre-split.

You need to split them. Put them on the bench and take a utility knife and push down hard. Cut one slit in them and put them over the bar. All else should go smoothly after that. The cup will hold the bushing back together.

E.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 9 2004, 02:53 PM)
I just realized something...

You may be trying to use "Weltmeister" bushings as well. The factory bushings are split. Weltmeister bushings do not come pre-split.

You need to split them. Put them on the bench and take a utility knife and push down hard. Cut one slit in them and put them over the bar. All else should go smoothly after that. The cup will hold the bushing back together.

E.

yep, i was about to add that biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.