Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission number on 1971 1.7L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
potomacmidget
Good evening All,

I am a newbie who purchased a 1971 1.7L 914 from a fellow member. To be on the safe side I drained and refilled the transmission this weekend (I won't even go into what fluid I used...I can already see the munching popcorn smilie!!!)

I recorded the following number from the bottom of the case, it appears to be:

914/11HA0028578

Can someone tell me if this appears to be a transmission for a car with a build date of 06/71? Just curious, I am interested if the car has the original engine and transmission (the engine number does not seem to be an issue).

Any help appreciated as I am enjoying the car, and learning from all the experience on this site.

thanks,

Reg
davep
I think it should be appropriate, but I have very little transmission data from that period. Perhaps if some more people would post their VIN and transmission # we could do better.
potomacmidget
DaveP

Thanks for the response - I appreciate it.

Reg

QUOTE(davep @ May 30 2011, 03:50 PM) *

I think it should be appropriate, but I have very little transmission data from that period. Perhaps if some more people would post their VIN and transmission # we could do better.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.