Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saved a bundle on insurance today!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anthony
So when I was employed and working like a dog I never had time to do things like sit around all day and get insurance quotes. So I just saved $774/year on my primary car insurance. The Porsche is under Hagerty's collector car insurance for $86/year.

Quotes varied quite a bit:

For six months:

California Casualty.....$837
21st Century..............$640
Mercury......................$495 - plus $120 one time broker fee
Prudential..................$452
AAA............................never called me back

This is for a single driver, clean record, with two cars - Toyota truck, and VW Jetta. The Jetta has full comp/collision/no deductible glass. I also got 100/300/100 insurance and Medical pay. This isn't a bare bones policy.

It would have never occurred to me to call Prudential for auto insurance but I called them because I have my homeowners insurance with them. Bonus - she said I'd get an additional discount on my homeowners insurance.
need4speed
Two months ago, State Farm lost a customer they've had for over 10 years. Both auto and home.
They jacked up my rates for the third time in three years - yah, I had a speeding ticket last year. (back when I had the 912 engine in Lola. . . . bright red car, doing 80 in a 55 zone, was irresistable to the cop).

But three hikes in three years!
I called them, gave them a chance to be reasonable - and they had the GALL to tell me that the state of California REQUIRED them to jack up my rates.
So they lost a customer to triple-A. I'm now saving $150 a year, on the same coverage plus triple-A's windsheild policy, plus all the triple-A perks and benefits that State Farm did not have.

It does pay to shop around.

And frankly, every good little Capitalist should feel OBLIGATED to shop around and shop smart. If you do not, then the free market can not work. So it's your Patriotic Duty!!!

So do the right thing and put bad businesses out of business!

(there, that's my Patriotic Rant for today).

flag.gif
Lawrence
Anthony,

If I may ask, what restrictions are on the "collector car" policy with Haggards? Definately sounds like something I could get into. Is it an "agreed value" policy?

-Rusty
fuch toy
Helped my brother save some money on his car insurance....I strangled his 16 year old kid.....little snot bubble.... blink.gif
anthony
http://www.hagerty.com/

The biggest restrictions are:

car has to be parked in a locked garaged at your home
car can't be your daily driver/commuter
you must have primary insurance on another car
driven less than 3,000 miles per year

Other than that I got an agreed value of $6000, full comprehensive/collision with zero deductible.

The only question I haven't had answered about Hagerty's yet is how they would deal with a claim if you took the collector car on a trip and it was stolen/vandelized when parked outside a hotel away from your home.
Lawrence
I'd be curious about that answer... My 914/6 got broken into at a hotel in Dallas two days before MUSR 2002.

Broken window, scratched paint, bent window channel and stolen CD player. Bastards even took the radio surround with vinyl.

The hotel was really cool about it. Sent a wine & cheese basket in apology - they must have thought it was a 911. ;-)

Rich Johnson found me a replacement window for a few bucks. I put it in at Wes Hildreth's place.

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.