Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boulder 914 revisited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkG
Well, went to Smooth Motors Saturday to check out the '76 they have for sale (thanks to Mike for pics and details on the car!).

One poster said a month ago driver's fender had rust. Repair job looks good, you can feel where the paint goes from rough to smooth though, so I do believe it has been repaired.

Started the car, seems to run ok, did not test drive (salesman came wondering in 1/2 hour after opening time, complaining about his 'rough night' and threw me the keys as he got dressed). Has new Pacesetter exhaust.

Anyone familiar with this 'dealership'? I'm going to Vegas this weekend but MIGHT make a (much) lower offer on car if it is still avail next week....

Thanks!
Scott S
Yep - I have had friends buy several Saabs from them over the years. I myself drove a white 914 they had for sale back in 1992. I think they have been there for quite a while. I have never heard anything bad. Do they also have a repair shop? If so (and I am thinking of the right place) they were very good "practical" mechanics, ie - you don't need to fix that now, hold off until we need to do _____ next year.
MarkG
yes they have a small shop;

Well, if its still there next week I will make another run up there; if nothing else another ToGo's #9 will make the trip worth it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.