Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange Noise 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
Or perhaps it could be worn bearings in the tranny??
Bruce Allert
does it quit when you put in the clutch?

......b
SpecialK
Does the noise stay consistant with different road surfaces, or does it change (i.e. lessens on a smoother road surface)?

Can you feel the "humm" in the steering wheel, or is it more in the seat of your pants? (not getting wierd or anything here wink.gif ), if your wearing the inside of the tires that quickly, you need to get and alignment soon regardless of where the noise is coming from.

Does the sound continue if while moving (making noise) you drop it into neutral and coast?
newdeal2
No. It stays.

With the inner wear on the front tires I wonder if the toe is so far out it's causing a scrubbing sound? Perhaps it's the ball joints or tie rod ends? They look a bit shoddy.

Peter
newdeal2
I just drove it again and the noise is the same on most runs/surfaces. I do think its from the steering though...not the seat.
SpecialK
Definitely take it in for an alignment. They'll also check the condition of the rest of the suspension components (bearings, ball joints, tie-rod ends, etc.) while they're at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.