Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loss of power while at WCC Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alauder
Hi all

Let me first say how much fun I had at the WCC autocross. I had no idea my car could corner like that. Thanks also to Howard Yao for showing me how it should be done.

My question is about some bad stumbling and loss of power that my stock 74 2.0 had. It seemed to be bought on by the really sharp corners. Particularly the 270ยบ loop arround.

I would put my foot down comming out the turn and the car would be all jerky. It felt alot like the problem that I have had before with the TPS at highway speeds. But that was cleaned recently.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I had a 3/4 full tank of gass.

I would like to get it fixed as I intend to go auto cross agian now.
alauder
PS

I came in 48th place. Guess what my car number was. Yep 48!!!
JeffBowlsby
Andrew...I dont know if you realizer but you won the trophy yesterdayt for....'Most Improved Time'.

Since we are local, lets figure out a way to get it to you. PM me and lets hook up maybe this next weekend.

Good Job!
SirAndy
could be a lot of things, but if i recall right, your car was puffing smoke when it happened too.

i'd say, check your head temperature sensor! wink.gif

it might have come loose or the wire is loose or brittle.
i have seen this exact same thing before (at an AX) ...

smash.gif Andy
alauder
Sir Andy

You said I have smoke. I did not know. It may be I had too much oil in there! I over filled it accidenlty. Could to much oil be sloshing arround then getting up into places where it should not? Making me blow smoke and loose power.

I'll try draining it tonight and drive some hard corners tomorow to see if it helps.

Andy
Dave_Darling
About half a quart over full should not hurt anything, and is in fact recommended for autoX. It helps keep the oil pickup submerged just a little bit longer in the longer sweeping turns.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(alauder @ Jun 7 2004, 02:10 PM)
Making me blow smoke and loose power.

no, oil overfill and loss of power are usually not related ...

if the CHT is loose the car will puff smoke every time you're loosing power cause the FI will pump loads of fuel into the heads and when it catches again, it'll spit it out the exhaust.

smash.gif Andy
seanery
isnt that what happened to Lyressa's car in Arkansas?
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 7 2004, 02:41 PM)
isnt that what happened to Lyressa's car in Arkansas?

yupp, exactly right ...
alauder
I just read up on the CHT sensor. I will check it over thourally tonight.

Andy
nebreitling
while you're in there -- check ALL electrical connections -- especially grounds. take each off, clean it with electrical cleaner, put back on.

doing this methodically, i found a bad connection to one of my fuel injectors -- the wire was barely coming out under hard left cornering, causing the car to stumble until it straightened back out. strange but troooo.

good luck beer.gif

nathan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.