Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NoVA Cars & Coffee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
I've been slammed at work lately. On the upside, the teener has been running beautifully and we had a nice stretch of weather. Given how unpredictable my hours have been, I've had to drive to work more often than usual (my normal commute is via public transit) - and have done a bunch of those commutes in the 914. It may suck to be at work from 8am to 7, 8, or 9pm... but a warm spring evening after rush hour has cleared out makes for a GREAT drive home.

Anyway - that's all to explain my lack of posting lately.

I found out about a couple of "Cars & Coffee" events in my neck of the woods. Decided to try it out, and then decided it was a worthy occasion to give my four-year-old son his first "real" ride (other than in the driveway). So I strapped his car seat in, and off we went.

This is a weekly Cars & Coffee event that normally draws one to two dozen cars. But a week before we attended, a Ferrari Enzo showed up. As a result, Sunday drew a huge crowd - over 30 cars - as people wanted to see what would be there. There were 8-10 Ferraris, bunch of P-cars, Vettes, Vipers, and odds-and-ends. The photo I posted below is part of this Flickr album (I'm not the Photog).

IPB Image

For those of you in the area, there's a group that organizes and shares many of the local Cars/Coffee and other events, check it out here: http://www.meetup.com/novascc Has anyone been to the Saturday morning events in Great Falls? They seem to get a remarkable mix of cool and rare cars - might have to try that one someday.

Added bonus - my four-year-old LOVED riding in the teener. (That's him sitting in the camping chair next to the car in the photo.)
JmuRiz
I personally like the Sunday one at Fair Lakes Dicks/Kohls parking lot. A lot more open/roomy and parking all around.
flipb
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 31 2011, 11:56 AM) *

I personally like the Sunday one at Fair Lakes Dicks/Kohls parking lot. A lot more open/roomy and parking all around.

That's the one I went to, with the photo album linked here. (I was just curious about the one in Great Falls, having never been.)
JmuRiz
Sorry, photo sites are blocked at my work. The one in great falls has some amazing cars, that's for sure. Get there early or you'll have to park a bit far from the main action. I've only been once...too much other stuff to do around the house (and I don't like to wake up early, haha). You won't be sorry if you go though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.