Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made it home!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Ferg
Whew, what a drive, 22hours, straight.
I just got in about 30 min ago, and already posting on the board rolleyes.gif
I drove straight through to beat some of the heat, it's 97 here right now, YIKES!
Elliot Cannon you da man, those earplugs were a lifesaver. beerchug.gif
Me go bed now wacko.gif
Ferg
brant
glad you made it back safely ...
good job

brant
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Demick
Holy crap!! I can't believe you're already home! I only had a 15 minute drive home after the swap meet yesterday and I still feel like I'm recovering. You are one dedicated 914 owner and we were honored that you came out. Now you can work on getting all those drool stains off your car.

Demick
Carl
Whew, what a drive, 22hours, straight.

Sheesh! That's a tough haul!

I'm with Demick on this - recovery mode continues even without the long drive.

Thanks for joining us for this weekend. You've done a gorgeous job on your car and you've got every right to be proud of it. BTW, thanks for letting me borrow some of your clean-up gear yesterday.
Porsche Rescue
The Phoenix red car and its driver are home too. Went to Weed last night and the last 400 miles today. Great cars, great people, great time.
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
After a great time in the bay area I finally got home about 3 hours ago. I stopped in Los Alamos and stayed the night to wait and see if they got the fire contained in Gaviota. Interstate 101 was closed because of the brush fire. I had a wonderful time and am looking forward to going next year.
It looks like more lifter trouble for me. FAT Performance built my engine and after 20 miles had to break it apart again to replace cam and lifters. When I got to the WCC the valves were clattering again. I had them adjusted before I left for the WCC and it took about 400 miles for them to go bad this time. I called FAT Performance and will be bringing the car up to them tomorrow. (Who won the ceramic lifters but already had a set installed in his car? Let me know if you would like to sell them.)
I met some great people at the WCC. It was nice to be able to put faces to the names on the board. I know there was talk about locating the WCC to Portland or elsewhere but the Bay Area seems like the most centrally located area. Much thanks to all the organisers and others who made this possible. I hope I can help with some of the work next year.
Cheers, Elliot beerchug.gif
wheelo
Duuuuude... you're an ANIMAL !!
I thought I was the only nut-case to drive "non-stop" 914 flights... wacko.gif
Glad you made-it ...
Peace
Joe Ricard
Geesh Now I wish I woulda went to WCC. I woulda won the longest drive hands down. But as I said before 3499 miles one way is a lttle extreme. longest straight strech 32 hours just stopping to pee and get gas. :finger2:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.