Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manifolds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Another assumption scenario....

Assuming you have access to both types of manifolds, the taller PMO type, and the stock type, which would be better for Webers? Currently have a 77' 2.7 S Motor, concerted top 2.9 and carbs.

Will the taller manifolds fit under the engine lid? What about vacuum advance? Etc.

**Insert dumbfounded rookie face here** blink.gif
proto31
Taller manifolds will add more lower end torque, I had a set of the taller PMO's in my original 6, the problem I had was with the carb on the driver's side hitting the engine lid release lock since it was bit taller.

Dan
RiqueMar
QUOTE(proto31 @ May 31 2011, 12:36 PM) *

Taller manifolds will add more lower end torque, I had a set of the taller PMO's in my original 6, the problem I had was with the carb on the driver's side hitting the engine lid release lock since it was bit taller.

Dan

Thanks for the response Dan, how did you solve that?
SirAndy
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ May 31 2011, 04:15 PM) *
how did you solve that?

Relocate the engine lid lock? popcorn[1].gif
john rogers
The PMO manifolds have more metal especially close to the lower mounting flanges and if they are ground out any to match larger head ports will not tend to crack as stock ones tend to do. On my last engine 3 of the six intake runners developed cracks due to port matching. Plus they just look better too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.