Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any good 914 body shops in east Tennessee?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amphiduck
So I recently sold my '73 1.7 and want to put that money into my '74 2.0. It does need new floors welded in. I have the floors thinking I was going to learn to weld and then just do it, but I have a bad feeling that I would make things worse. Is there anyone in the Knoxville area or surrounding areas that has experience with this and can weld in a new floor pan? If so what is the going rate for such surgery?

Thanks for the help!
wingnut86
QUOTE(amphiduck @ May 31 2011, 06:11 PM) *

So I recently sold my '73 1.7 and want to put that money into my '74 2.0. It does need new floors welded in. I have the floors thinking I was going to learn to weld and then just do it, but I have a bad feeling that I would make things worse. Is there anyone in the Knoxville area or surrounding areas that has experience with this and can weld in a new floor pan? If so what is the going rate for such surgery?

Thanks for the help!

Their were some folks down in Maryville for the longest time selling Teener parts exclusively. I don't have their contacts, but search the blogs here or use the GoogleKa Chew and do a search that way.

beer.gif

Separate PM sent your way as well...

hot_shoe914
Not that much further to Scotty B in Richmond, Va and well worth the trip. Hauled my from Memphis to him so Knoxville should be a breeze.
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 31 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Not that much further to Scotty B in Richmond, Va and well worth the trip. Hauled my from Memphis to him so Knoxville should be a breeze.

Only a truck driver would think 7-1/2 hrs is "not that much further" poke.gif
Of course, Scotty does know the 914 inside out.

amphiduck - if you find a place nearby, let me know. I am in Seymour and will be needing some rust repair/welding done at some point.

driving.gif
Haudiosolutions
I have a welder but I also have a fear of creating "Frankencar" Air cooled classics knew their stuff but were very VERY expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.